Sign in to follow this  
OmniAtlas

P3D - no multiscreen support

I get an error when I enable more then one connected LCD -- "Invalid Hardware or Driver Detected" 

Prepar3D was unable to initialize the renderering system and will shut down. 

Does anyone know a work around? I am using the other LCD for panels and not to extend the cockpit view.

Thanks. 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Sorry no help here... Works fine on three monitors for me. Have you updated your drivers? Worth a try...

Are you running from more than one grafix card? P3D will not start even if the main card is DX11 compatible Try disabling the second screen from the display options. Use only the DX11 card. Its annoying, I don't want to use P3D on the second display but would like to have it available for other things

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

Yes, one LCD is outputing from the built in 'intel' graphics card - so no DX11 support there. There is no way around this? FSX worked fine. I am only running Prepar3d on the nvidia GPU -- would like to use an external program (prosim737) for the panels.

I hope they fix this because its a major issue for some people. I wonder if there is some sort of work around, there must be something in the start up that checks the cards compatibility, if this can be disabled we might be able to use our "lowly" second cards for prosim or in my case flightsim commander

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

Why aren't you using one of the ports on the Nvidia 660ti card for your second monitor?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Why aren't you using one of the ports on the Nvidia 660ti card for your second monitor?

Because one of the LCD is a old 15" and only has a VGA output. The nvidia 660 ti has none -- I'll have to buy an adaptor to be able to plug it in. 

Because one of the LCD is a old 15" and only has a VGA output. The nvidia 660 ti has none -- I'll have to buy an adaptor to be able to plug it in. 

Those adaptors are pretty cheep, even in Australia.  :)

What motherboard do you have?

gb.

I get an error when I enable more then one connected LCD -- "Invalid Hardware or Driver Detected" 

Prepar3D was unable to initialize the renderering system and will shut down. 

Does anyone know a work around? I am using the other LCD for panels and not to extend the cockpit view.

Thanks. 

This could be a bit awkward but have tried disabling the monitor connected to the motherboard

in Device Manager then starting P3D then re-enabling the monitor after P3D has started?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

^ This They're like $1.50 on monoprice.. I have about 4 of them in my "Old technology and electronics I will never use but my tech OCD disallows me to throw away old electronics" drawer  They're underneath an old 8800GT, cell phone and two power cords.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

What motherboard do you have?

gb.

This could be a bit awkward but have tried disabling the monitor connected to the motherboard

in Device Manager then starting P3D then re-enabling the monitor after P3D has started?

gb.

I have a Asus Z68 motherboard. Yes, disabling then renabling them after starting P3D works. I can buy an adapter, but then I am now stuck with 2 useless built in motherboard outputs (the VGA and DVI) -- I would have liked to use that for some future accessories - e.g. a CDU which requires a VGA output. 

I have a Asus Z68 motherboard. Yes, disabling then renabling them after starting P3D works. I can buy an adapter, but then I am now stuck with 2 useless built in motherboard outputs (the VGA and DVI) -- I would have liked to use that for some future accessories - e.g. a CDU which requires a VGA output.

Yes agree it is frustrating.

Is this P3DV2?

I would head over to P3D forums and see if they have an answer.

That 660ti does have extra hdmi and displayport outputs.

You could get a VGA adaptor for those.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I've bought a 2 dollar adaptor. Hopefully this will do for now. I hope to eventually add 2 projectors, a cdu and 2 more displays for panels - running out of ports :/

Perhaps I need to invest in a cheap steam machine for prosim737