Sign in to follow this  
adi518

Anyone get p3d v2 to work with ezdok?

Been wondering about this one for the past few days... I looked in LM's forum and it was hinted the add-on developers will have to update it to make it compatible with p3d v2. However, it's been wait too long since any ezdok news came up.. the developer seems reluctant to reply on the forums or talk to anyone. Seems like he won't even talk to his distributors. Very unpleasant business practice, not to mention the old joke which is ezdok v2. Thing is, there's the alternative which is Opus live camera.. unfortunately, I can't find a single video where this feature is showcased, including interior cams, exterior cams, comparison with ezdok.. absolutely nothing, but maybe I'm blind?

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Prepar3d General Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Yes it works. I have it working. Check the developers website. You need v1.17 installed.

What's more (and finally!), you can open the EZCA studio app while in full-screen mode.

• Upvote 1

I could be wrong, but I thought the developer was very ill and may explain his absence.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Yes it does work. The developer has supplied a new exe file for P3D. However I believe the outside aircraft views do not work (yet).

I would have missed EZDOC. Regards

Outside views do work, just that the configuration tool does not set up the aircraft configs for you in the P3D directory; you have to do it manually. I just copied the entire section starting

[CameraDefinition.201]

Title= EZdok Arcraft Universal camera

etc

(EZdok configuration tool puts this at the end of all your aircraft.cfg files in FSX)

FROM any one of my FSX aircraft.cfg files

TO the end of any aircraft.cfg that I have installed in P3Dv2

Works for me

Rob

Robin Harris

It works but I have to start it manually after P3D..... ?    Even though the line is in the exe file ?

thank you

too much, too soon....

[CameraDefinition.201]

Title= EZdok Arcraft Universal camera

I don't have this, just Definition.202 and this is the world camera.. Can somebody please post the CameraDefintion.201 section for PMDG 747-400X/8i?? :(

This is kinda sorta off topic, but I really wish LM would consider buying the rights to EZDOK and integrating it into the sim. The outdated default view system is in serious need of a major revamp and EZDOK has come up with a working system. Futher development (ver 2.0) seems to have ceased unfortionately. Makes me sad.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Marc,

It is also my understanding that EZdok's author is facing health issues which understandably explains his absence from the EZdok forum. And your thought about LM considering to buy the rights to EZdok is a very interesting idea if Marniftarr should never be in a position to continue working on his very creative utility.

JJ

hello gentlemen,

seeing as the author is unfortunately not in a position to work a P3D version of the tool (as was originally intended), I will confirm as well that there is an executable on the EZDok forum that does indeed hook up to Prepar3D. Made for 1.4 or 1.3, but works with 2 as well.

The external views - you will have to temporarily point the registry address for FSX to P3D. Then the config tool will go through the appropriate SimObjects structure (or, alternatively - move the P3D SimObjects temporraily into FSX folder, while you have the FSX SimObjects somewhere else. Then run the tool, and move back to P3Dv2. This works best if you have them at the same drive.)

Hmmm . . . not quite a new EXE but rather an update to the version downloaded from Flight One. The update is available from EZdok's Forum (at the top under Announcements)  and will update EZdok to version 1.17.

JJ

Sorry to drag this up but I have been searching for the past 3 days now and could not find the answer? Can you tell me how to set ezdok up for prepar3d v2? I have FSX installed as well and I updated ezdok to 1.17. Do I move it manually or how do you make this happen?

Thanks