Sign in to follow this  
adi518

Anyone get p3d v2 to work with ezdok?

Sorry to drag this up but I have been searching for the past 3 days now and could not find the answer? Can you tell me how to set ezdok up for prepar3d v2? I have FSX installed as well and I updated ezdok to 1.17. Do I move it manually or how do you make this happen?

Thanks

I'm interesting too, but I think it's sufficient to edit Prepar3D 2.0 exe.xml to autostart with p3d.

Can someone confirm that 1.17 is the correct workin version? I mean the updated version, not Flight1 stock that's 1.15

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Folks,

YES, only v1.17 will work with any version of P3D......

I have installed it using the EMT and it did fine - with v2.2 and Hotfix, I did "not" use EMT, but I made "SURE" that I had a faux FSX.exe in my root P3d Folder - "me" thinks that's a key point.

In 99% of the cases, you have to add lines in the .xml file for EzDoc to start with P3D - IF not, then you have to manually start it with it's executable after P3d has loaded.

Make sure once installed - and PRIOR to running P3D, that you use the EzDoc Configurator to register your aircraft..........and new add-on's you must add the "Camera Definition" to the individual

aircrafts' config file.

BTW - DO NOT expect "global world cameras" to work..........they do not in Prepar3D.

Maybe this will help someone.........

Tom

Could you be so kind to write down step by step procedure to install EZCA in FSX and P3D simultaneuosly?

1) install ezca normally in FSX

2) copy the entry lines in p3d exe.xml

3) run ezca configurator

Is that all, am I correct?

• Upvote 1

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Could you be so kind to write down step by step procedure to install EZCA in FSX and P3D simultaneuosly?

1) install ezca normally in FSX

2) copy the entry lines in p3d exe.xml

3) run ezca configurator

Is that all, am I correct?

Yeah if someone could confirm how to do this properly it would be appreciated

IF you're going to run both platforms -

Install to FSX, make sure the exe.xml has the info for EzDoc, run the configurator - MAKE sure you have the Camera definition file (201) placed in EACH aircrafts' .cfg file.

Install to P3D, make sure the exe.xml has the info for EzDoc, run the configurator - MAKE sure you have the Camera definition file (201) placed in EACH aircrafts' .cfg file.

AND with P3d, make sure you open notepad (don't add a thing) NAME is fsx.cfg and place it in the root folder of P3D and you're good to go.

IF you're going to run both platforms -

Install to FSX, make sure the exe.xml has the info for EzDoc, run the configurator - MAKE sure you have the Camera definition file (201) placed in EACH aircrafts' .cfg file.

Install to P3D, make sure the exe.xml has the info for EzDoc, run the configurator - MAKE sure you have the Camera definition file (201) placed in EACH aircrafts' .cfg file.

AND with P3d, make sure you open notepad (don't add a thing) NAME is fsx.cfg and place it in the root folder of P3D and you're good to go.

Thank you, what if I only wanted to run P3d?

Assuming FSX does NOT exist -

USE the identical instructions (above) for the P3D installation.  YES, make sure you have a FSX.exe (faux) in your P3D root folder.

EzDoc does NOT (for me) like to cooperate properly without it in P3D.

Tom

Ok I am completely confused now, sorry. You talk about exe.xml having some sort of info for ezdoc? What info and where do I find this file??

Sorry about all this  but I am completely lost right now. Heck I will pay the person who can clearly explain step by step on what to do please. e.g. Goto folder x -> do y , and so forth

It oo am having difficulty in understanding the process. It would nice if someone could write a short tutorial please

Qas

OK Follow those steps
1. Find the exe.xml
     You can find this file on the following path. Be sure to replace [Your User Name] with your actual name. I mean the
      name that you are using for your windows. The path is
      C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
2. If you don't find the exe.xml then create one by your self and put the following text

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>  
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
    <Disabled>false</Disabled>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

3. If you found it then just add the following lines just before the </SimBase.Document> in exe.xml
 <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
    <Disabled>false</Disabled>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>

4. Next go to your Prepar3d game folder 

5. copy Prepar3D.exe and past it in same folder

6. Rename newly copied prepar3d.exe to fsx.exe

7. Run game using fsx.exe

8. Don't user Prepar3d.exe other-wise the EZCA will not find the game exe

Thats it.

You can see a new addon menu and you can access EZCA dialogs from there

World cameras don't work, correct?

Riccardo

Strange. I reinstalled yesterday Prepar3d on a new ssd drive and I had to reinstall ezca (it was opening but was not working. I assume it's a registration issue). I just let EZCA install at its normal place in pgrogram files. I created a simple txt file named fsx.exe but i obviously don't use it for starting Prepar3d. So seems that any file with fsx.exe name present is enough to have ezca operate correctly.

I'm not using EM either.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Yes, you can simply take a .txt file and rename it fsx.exe, drop it into P3D root and it works just the same. We are simply fooling the ezdok exe.

Not to confuse matters further, but I didn't even bother reinstalling EZDOK using EM. I just added the required lines to the exe.xml for P3D and it starts up and works and all the configurations for my old FSX addon airplanes ported to P3D are there and work fine. I can even alter the configs within P3D. The only issue I have is when installing new airplanes in P3D that I have not previously configured in FSX, since the config tool points to FSX in the registry and that has not been altered, using a migration tool.

All the config tool does is add the required camera defintion lines to each aircraft.cfg in your simobjects/airplanes folder so you can use external views. In my case, after an airplane installation in P3D, I simply copy the camera definition 201 from another aircraft.cfg into the new aircraft.cfg. Its all the same, GUID and all.

World camera views are broken as far as I know, then again, I have never used those views.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Thanks Mark. I hope in a future update of EZCA for Prepar3D 2.0, I find this a must have to enhance flight experience. I'd like EZCA works properly, world cameras too, and the unique way is to have EZCA V 2.0

Riccardo

I also am trying to get ezdok working in Prepar3d v2.2.

I have fsx and ezdok on C drive which is an SSD with limited space. It seemed a good idea to install Prepar3d onto a new 1T drive and it runs perfectly there.

The trouble is that I don't seem to have access to appdata, roaming ......exe.eml  etc., to make the changes.

This is a difficulty I didn't foresee.

I wonder if anyone has any good ideas to save me the task of uninstalling everything connected to Prepar3d and starting again.

Cheers