Sign in to follow this  
adi518

Opus camera showcase ?

Looks like ezdok development is dead now.. so I'm looking for alternative and everyone is saying "try opus". So I went to youtube and looked for a showcase video of Opus and it's features.. can't find anything useful, bunch of crappy, unexplained videos. Went to your website.. same thing, nothing useful. If opus really is a good alternative then show it with a proper video... or maybe I'm blind ?

One of the coolest thing I know ezdok can do is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF-iLP5f1J8

Can opus do that ?

Can I move around the camera while flying and save it just like I'd in ezdok?

These features should allow you to do something like what's in the video:

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/opusfsx_user.htm#Live Camera Control

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/opusfsx_user2.htm#shortcut

Sorry I don't know any YouTube example of it.

What would happen if the airplane in the video you posted did an aileron roll, would the EZDOC camera roll with the airplane, or would it stay level to the ground like a spot plane? OpusFSX cameras are attached to the aircraft, so they would roll with the aircraft.

Barry Friedman

It rolls with the aircraft.

Someone should put up a video.. I don't understand how the product sells otherwise. I prefer a video than starting to mess around with the demo.

Good links Barry. A seperate hand  controller would work best I think

ZORAN

Just read the documentation and try it out for yourself, you shouldn't need a video to explain anything, everything is very clearly documented.

I think you will find Live Camera Control LCC is much better than the EZCA spot camera. You can use it on any view to move, walk, and fly around the aircraft. I would also recommend installing a dedicated GamePad controller such as the Sony PS3 DualShock3 and you can then display an Opus external view and fly around your aircraft to your hearts content. You can also wonder along the airport when on the ground, etc..

Stephen :-)

I think you will also find there are many more benefits to using OpusFSX, for example the Real World weather and intelligently controlled turbulence, all DHM and aircraft turbulence derived from RW captured accelerometer data, which can also be coordinated with ButtKicker vibrations for added realism. The choice is yours.

Stephen

Hmm... I see. The downloadable demo, is it a preview of the latest version?

It is the latest release version running in demo mode so that users can get a quick idea of its features albeit limited by the demo mode. There is also a 30 day money back guarantee for all purchases. Please take time to 'read' the documentation, it always helps if you want to get the best out of anything. There are also CDF Camera Definition Files that can be imported but you should step through the guide and create a default VC view to get some idea to get you going.

Stephen

You can also download and install the latest beta if you want to try out the latest P3D V2 volumetric fog effect. There will be a new release posted very soon as a result of some of this testing. You can follow current developments and plans on our SimForums. OpusFSX is all about bringing added levels of realism to sim flying and yes, we give development, features, and functionality far more importance than making videos. If you are interested you will find the excellent documentation of great help and assistance.

Stephen

Spot plane views are a standard fsx feature and you can do what you show just using the hat switch, I assume you are refering to custom external views. Software cannot change the eye point in spot plane view, not supported by fsx. Dont forget to reassign all your fsx keys such as hat switch panning. Opus does not require you to remove any fsx keys or functions. Will also give 3 to 6 extra fps.

Good links Barry. A seperate hand  controller would work best I think

Yes, I use the Sony DS3 Gamepad with MotionInJoy drivers. I had mixed results with Bluetooth pairing, but otherwise it works very well.

Barry Friedman