Sign in to follow this  
Javiz

0 Views, 0 Replies... ?

Can i just ask ? : what's up with this ' 0 Views, 0 Replies' phenomenon i see quite often in this or other forums here at Avsim ?....

Just now i noticed a thread that has 0 Views,0 Replies and was posted yesterday. A few threads above it the same thread appears and now shows 48 Views and 2 Replies. (posted at the same time as the earlier thread)

The reason i ask is because i posted a new thread in the DX10 forum a couple weeks ago which is rather important to me but never got an answer and nobody even cared to view the thread..... i.e. 0 Views, 0 Replies.

Could it be like that, sometimes, i am the only one that can see a thread that i posted and nobody else ??....

I really hope this one gets through so maybe someone could enlighten me ?  :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Cheers,

Jan

Jan

I've had that happen too! Maybe server mainteneance at that time.

Peter  Sydney  Australia

Thanks, gents ! Good to know i still *can* be heard ! I was beginning to feel like some sort of paria...  :smile:  

I suppose i'd best post my DX10 thread again then.

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Jan

Jan

I've had that happen too! Maybe server mainteneance at that time.

Peter  Sydney  Australia

Server maintenance at the time of every single new post someone makes? I don't think so.

It's likely a bug with IP Board. For whatever reason, it takes a while to start showing views. This isn't the only IP Board-powered forum I've seen this happen on.

Brandon Filer

From my observations a thread will show 0 views until someone actually replies to it. When someone does it will then show the # of views retroactive back till the date the thread was started

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I think some FSX users are now concentrate in P3D forum.

Haha. Yeah, that could be true for some. But, for me, P3D=0 so long as PMDG 737/777 and Majestic Q400=FSX. Simple math.

Thank you Bill and Anthony for clearing this up ! 

Hopefully this is a bug and not the way this board is setup. I can understand nobody replies to a question if it is a tough one to answer. Seemingly no one even bothered to view a new post is very confusing.

This also makes it clear that posting my thread in the DX10 forum a second time is most probabely of no use. Alas...

Anyway, atleast something got cleared up. Again, thanks very much for that !  :smile:  

Cheers,

Jan

Jan

I believe it is a problem with your browser not refreshing.  If you see that again, simply hit the F5 key or Ctrl F5 to force reloading of the page.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I can confirm that I saw 0 views yesterday even after I viewed the thread and refreshed my browser.

I PM'ed Tom Allensworth a few weeks ago about this problem.  His reply was summed up as: everything is set up correctly so it should be working fine.  I didn't push the issue beyond that; I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one whose experiencing this.  I have this problem using different browsers and on different computers with as well.  View count is a great feedback mechanism for a topic, but IMO it's nearly useless if it only updates when a reply is made.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)