Sign in to follow this  
ivusenko

VFR (transit Bravo airspace in Europe)

..hello everyone ..as far as I know, there's no B class airspace in UK and EU ..but there's a lot of europe's B class TMA's in FSX  ..when flying in the USA i get my clearence for B class airspace without problems, eather leaving, transiting or landing ..but I have a problem to do so in Europe ..does VoxAtc recognize TMA's as an airspace, I wonder? ..for example, LYBE airport has a standard CTR zone 0/3000ft and a huge B class TMA area above (in reality it's a class C TMA) 1500/14500ft Tower on 118.10 and APP on 119.1 ..when departing there's no Departure Instructions option by default but if I ask for it - atc gives me the instructions (heading, alt and squawk code, but not a word about cleared through Bravo airspace) ..after departure I'm instructed to contact APP on 119.1 ..initial contact goes ok, I get the response BUT as soon as I leave the LYBE CTR (horizontaly or verticaly) the APP terminates the radar service ..not even telling me to contact Belgrade center ..just good bye:( ..I can make a contact with the center on my own and everything works fine except the Atc unit behaves like TMA is a C class airspace ..in FSX ATC I can get clearance through LYBE B class TMA from two atc units, APP on 119.1 and also from Belgrade center on 120.42.. ..anyone?

..when flying in the USA i get my clearence for B class airspace without problems, eather leaving, transiting or landing ..

Leaving or landing is OK for me too, but how do you get clearance to transit Bravo airspace in VFR flights? There is no option in the menu to do this, and if I ask for clearance "talking" to the regional approach then says "unable this time" or "say it again". 

..well, in the manual for VFR tutorial flight they say the the correct statement is:

"International Clearance cessna one one five one delta will depart north for Eppley at five thousand"

..since this wasn't working for me I've tried to figure out what's wrong so I started to analyse .xml files inside voxatc program folder
and found out the correct statement should be (at least it works for me now):

"International Clearance cessna one one five one delta request north departure for Eppley at five thousand"

..strange, but it works ..maybe the manual is written before VoxAtc updates

..I'm trying NOT to use the VoxAtc menu in FSX since the program works much better for me if I stick on what I've learned in real flying school and what I saw in those  .XML files  ..maybe those files can help you find the correct words for B class transition ..i didn't make it BUT i also had an impression that VoxAtc did not recognize the B class TMA that I was trying to transit ..that is why I posted this topic afterall

Well, thanks for your reply, my question is about getting clearance when you are flying VFR and pretend to enter and transit a class B aerospace. My departure airport is non towered so I contact a FSS (Utopia radio) and open a VFR flight plan. Then I change frequency to ctaf/unicom, take off and leave the area. Then I change to "Regional Approach" (this is the frequency of the airport which B airspace I want to transit) and I inform my position, altitude and destination. Approach gives me a squawk code, and the altimeter setting and transit advisories. But gives me no clearance to enter B airspace. Maybe is an issue (still) not covered by VoxAtc. 

..have you tried this?

Approach Requests

These indicate you intentions/desires to the approach controller

request transit bravo airspace at <altitude> to <location>

request advisories through the charlie airspace at <altitude> to <location>

landing <location>

The locations given must be one of those recognized by VoxATC (FSX named airports or navaids).