Sign in to follow this  
Q_flyer

Wow!

I have just flown what would definitely be up there in my Top 5 all time flights in the last 15 years...... :cool:

I installed the Orbx Iceland Demo and set up VC shadows and HDR on in P3D2, I had Opus weather which was providing heavy snow and freezing temps.  I had autogen one notch down from max, and I was flying the Twin Otter X Extended v1.11.

I didn't even know this aircraft had ice / snow effects in the windscreen!........ So I'm on the ramp at Akureyri doing my start up and the snow accumulation effect on the windscreen was just amazing.   Wipers on, and screen heat on and slowly the screen cleared.   Took off and MY LORD! .... the scenery looks AMAZING.   FTXG Vector providing lot's of perfectly aligned autogen houses, an amazing horizon, superb shadows and lighting in the cockpit.  

....and 33.9 FPS (locked at 34).

It just doesn't get any better than this.

Dave, that reads like the most positive post I've read yet on P3Dv2.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

There are quite a few Howard! ........ AJ Pongress just posted about a similar experience, and others.   I'm not sure what makes P3D2 run so amazingly for some people, yet not so well for others.   It isn't just the expensiveness of hardware either, although it may be down to VRAM size.    I have seen people here with graphics cards that cost twice what mine cost, getting poor performance, but they usually have 1.5GB VRAM.      My card is unexceptional (HD 7850 2GB) and FSX used to say "pff.... whatever" to it, but P3D just loves my Grahics Card.    It's taken it out on dates and ravished it with roses and truffles!!!!   :lol:  ....... Perhaps the key to P3D2 bliss is "get a 2GB card".

I honestly wish I could see something positive with V2.0.....still waiting.

It's not even fair to call it lipstick on a pig...V2.0 killed my pig!

...V2.0 killed my pig!

Mmmmm...... bacon sandwiches all round!

Joking apart, I hope you can get P3D2 running better.  It does take some doing (and maybe some luck) but it's worth it.

Glad to hear this is working. I downloaded the Iceland demo yesterday. I better get it installed so our VA can do some GA action this Saturday! ;-)

Its all about the addon quality. How well its developed I think. P3DV2 default on its own runs amazing. And if you hit the right addon that has great compatibility, she shines even more. But get the wrong one, or some bug within, and you get the bad experiences. 

I have had bad experiences, but the good far outweighs the bad, and I can only see it getting better and devs figure things out.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Joking apart, I hope you can get P3D2 running better.  It does take some doing (and maybe some luck) but it's worth it.

It's odd. So far it seems to be running just fine on my pretty low end system, with 'just' 1.5GB. Maybe my expectations are just different.

Hey Dave. what I think would be a logical and a much appreciated gesture,  would be if you were to post your P3D slider settings (screenies would be best), your full PC specs and any cfg tweaks that you may have made. I think there are of guys who are giving up on P3D and if they were to have some kind of yardstick then it might help :wink:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

I'm an update behind on the twotter, thanks for the heads up.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Screenshots! (please?)

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Dave, I am very glad to read such positive reports.

Today I also experienced a wow effect. I configured REX Essential Plus and installed the VFR Serenity Theme. Then I made a few shots of the Great Barrier Reef in Australia. Wow, look at these clouds and at the tropical water. It’s a great environment to fly low and slow and smooth. I am very excited! B)

Barrier-Reef-4.jpg

Barrier-Reef-5.jpg

Barrier-Reef-6.jpg

Best regards from RelaxX

Thanks I've spent 30 hrs already using every combo of settings, deleting the CFG and starting fresh, NI on affinity mask etc...on and on and on.

I think I'll treat myself to some Orbx sales and stick with FSX.

See what I mean Dave :wink:

Howard

See what I mean Dave :wink:

Your absolutely right Howard, there needs to be more positive posts like this.

I think I'll take your advice and do the same.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato