Sign in to follow this  
falopz

avliasoft efb works with simmconect?

has anyone installed in a network with 2pc, not even ytube has any videos of that config.....

Yes, you have to get Simconnect working. It's been along time since I set it up but a few searches here will help you.

If I remember correctly there is also a very informative guide on Simconnect in the Active Sky 2012 manual.

Cheers,

23.png

Hi falopz,  If you are looking for how to set up simconnect with two computer go to youtube.com: frooglepete or could be froolesim (Probablysim) and he has a video giving set by step instructions for simconnect.  On youtube type in frooglesim, then simconnect.

Its there, just search.  Hope this helps

Phil

Avliasoft EFB does not need simconnect setup on the client PC/laptop.  As long as you have the data provider running on your FSX PC, the correct folders shared over your network and ports open as per the manual for EFB it will work when you install the EFB client on your second machine.  I run EFB on a very old netbook that has no form of simconnect or Wide FS installed.

It can be a bit tricky to setup but the manual explains it pretty well. Wish I could help you out more but its been a long time since I set it up sorry.

Doogie

doog79 has it right. SimConnect is not used by EFB. Thank goodness for that....I absolutely hate SimConnect because it has caused me more problems than any other FSX "tool".

That is why I am so pleased with EFB. Setup is a breeze. All you need to do is point it to the correct folders that are shared. EFB explains it clearly so you will have it up and running within minutes.

Just install the DATA PROVIDER on the FSX PC and the DISPLAY on the client.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

From Aivlasofts "main man" Urs:

"You don't need to explicitly configure some SimConnect configuration files for the networking part. Networking between DataProvider and any DisplayUnit within the same network is done by EFB internal network components. SimConnect is used as the interface between the DataProvider and FSX, but not between the DataProvider and the DisplayUnit"

Cheers,

23.png