Sign in to follow this  
dannybobmusic

screenshots with sweetfx in p3d2

Hello, I am using sweetfx 1.5 in p3d2 and it looks great!  The problem is when I hit the V key, the screenshot I get does not have sweetfx applied.  In other words I can see sweetfx in the sim but not in the screenshot.  I have seen some version 2 screenshots with sweetfx and the difference is obvious.  It's like the screenshot for me is happening pre-sweetfx.  I could post the screenshots with and without sweetfx, but I don't see the point as the screenshots with and without it look exactly the same.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue?  Thanks for your time. 

You will probably need to use an external screenshot program such as Grabber2k to capture what is actually rendered to the monitor.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

How much of a memory footprint does FRAPS take up? Grabber2k is a simple TSR program that lurks in the background and takes up just under 2KB of RAM (hence the name)...

Fr. Bill    

There's also a little program called Snapper that can superimpose your lat/long, distance and direction to the nearest airport and lets you customize the file name.

http://www.michielovertoom.com/software/snapper/

I use it while beta-testing scenery and it helps out a lot.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll give Grabber2k a try.

You can find it here:

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Grabber2k-Download-165813.html

Do NOT however click on either of the very prominent "DOWNLOAD" buttons! Use the links on the right for the US or UK servers...

Fr. Bill