Sign in to follow this  
Lucass

Software which simulate voices of flight crew

Hi,

I want to my FSX be more alive... so I'm looking software which simulate voices of flight crew (stewardesses/stewards announcements while any phase of flight, including taxing) and passengers aboarding/deboarding, their reactions on pilotage style, etc.

I thought about FSPassengers X, but I think that is to much complicate for my expectation, besides I read many posts where people described their problems with FSPAX and PMDG airplanes together. Secondly, I tried demo FSPAX, and had problem with EZDOK Camera (it doesn't automaticaly start with FSX) - so I had to edit XML file and turn the EZCA autoexec off, then run EZCA manually after FSX and FSPAX started.

Anyway... I also found other similiar programs: HiFi XPax, FSCabinCrew and FSCaptain.

I think FSCaptain is something like FSPax...but I don't want to buy airplanes, flight in v-airlines, etc. - only voices to experience real flight. So I think only XPax or FSCabinCrew is for me. What do you think? Which of these two is better? ..but maybe voice announcements in FSCaptain are better than XPax/FSCabinCrew?? I'm little confused.

Ps. My other addons running with FSX: AS2012, GSX.

Important: I generally use PMDG aircrafts (JS41, NGX, 777), so this software must be compatible.

Best regards,

Lucas

Lucas, you posted in a very old thread here ... anyway:

For FS Captain you neither have to buy additional planes nor do you have to be a member of a VA. You can fly any plane you want ... and offline. You may find FS Captain more complicated than FS Passengers, though (I think it's still worth the effort!).

XPax has a very easy user interface and the passengers (if I remember correctly) react to your flying immediately (sounds and score).

I consider FS Captain the better choice, but XPax may suit you more and it is currently sold at really low prices.

I'm looking software which simulate voices of flight crew

I split your post from the old topic.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have been using Pro Flight Emulator (PFE) together with FDC Live Cockpit (FDC) for a number of years now and I can highly recommend them. PFE replaces the default ATC and includes many voice sets with different English accents, taxi guidance system both verbal and visual and many other improvements. FDC acts as a copilot, performing checklists etc. also has cabin crew announcements, again with different accents. You can buy them individualy or together. They have been tweaked to work together. n

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

(thank you Jim)

wow, toriu, too expensive to me :)

I'll wait for opinions about FS Cabin Crew and its comparision with XPax...

Hmm, maybe FSCaptain but I think it is not quite what I'm looking for :/ ..it has crew voices but also has many many features wherethrough is more expensive.

I would also vote for FSCaptain, considering the high quality add-on planes you have i don't think that the cost is all that prohibitive, you could buy FSCaptain 3 times for the cost of the PMDG 777.

In general FSCaptain does work with all of those add-ons, you may need to disable to auto loading features (i do this as a matter of course).

Ian R Tyldesley

Ian, exactly... because I spent a lot of money on aircrafts (and other addons lik AS, UTX, REX, etc.) now I'm looking cheapest soft  ...I have to save my budget ;)

Ps. ok, but I will think about FSC - good riddance that my wife doesn't know this forum ;)

Ps2. From XPax & FSCrewCabin pair, I think I would choose XPax.

Ps3. with XPax: do passengers scream while turbulence or big bank angle? ;)

If, as you say, you generally use PMDG, then by far the best software to make the flight deck feel alive is FS2Crew.  You actually use your voice to talk to the FO and flight attendents. I use it in the 737NGX and can't wait till they make it available for the T7.  It's marvelous......oh I'm gushing now....over and out!

Steve

Steve Corzine

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Thanks for reply Steve. I've heard about FS2Crew - it is nice but this is the most expensive option, because every licence is for one type of aircraft and costs ~30Eur. :(  ..only for NGX and T7, we have ~60 Euros.

Hmm, is XPax really bad? - nobody recommend it... ;)

A crew for every aircraft (purchase once, equip them all) would be MCE (Multi Crew Experience). But there's no immediate reaction by passengers or scores to your flying style. (Your First Officer DOES comment, though!)

Both MCE and FS Captain offer a demo version (the MCE demo is time-limited, the FS Captain demo is restricted to three departure airports, but not in time).

Sorry, I have no experience with FSCabinCrew.

Ok, I decided that I'll try demo of FSCaptain :)

(I found info that passenegers scream while step descent or big bank angle - nice... :) )

Ps. Do pass. react when in turbulence?

Edit:

I consider, why the FSC is not popular in Poland (I'm from Poland) - I didn't find any thread on polish sim-forums dedicated this software :Thinking:  ...I hope that it works on polish version of OS ;)

I don't believe that they do.  Nor do you get additional points for flying through heavy weather...shame, but the developer is very responsive to additions.  You could ask for this feature.

Ian R Tyldesley

Ok, I decided that I'll try demo of FSCaptain :)

(I found info that passenegers scream while step descent or big bank angle - nice... :) )

Edit:

I consider, why the FSC is not popular in Poland (I'm from Poland) - I didn't find any thread on polish sim-forums dedicated this software :Thinking:  ...I hope that it works on polish version of OS ;)

No speech recognition, so it should work fine.

One more question ... are there any problems with FSC when flying on Vatsim via FSInn?

I consider, why the FSC is not popular in Poland (I'm from Poland) - I didn't find any thread on polish sim-forums dedicated this software   ...I hope that it works on polish version of OS ;)

Hello Lucass, and thank you for considering FSCaptain.

We do have customers from all over Europe, with different regional settings of their operating systems.  If you find that FSCaptain does not work well for you in some regard, then we would like to try and make it work for you.

If you would, I would ask that you try our public beta of version 1.5.0 - details of how you can do so are on our forum here.  (You will always be able to use FSCaptain for free on flights originating from KSEA, KOLM and KPDX in the US Pacific Northwest, even if you decide to not purchase a license.)

This version of FSCaptain supports FS9, FSX and P3D2, has enhanced "bad weather effects," including support for preflight ground de-icing procedures, and has more thorough logging of events so that in case of a problem we would ask for your FSCaptain program log files to help us debug.

Other things that future versions of FSCaptain will support are all designed to allow our Captains the chance to operate their commercial aircraft in-line with more commercial aviation regulations.  Heh heh heh

Lucass, on 04 Dec 2013 - 03:39 AM, said:

I don't believe that they do.  Nor do you get additional points for flying through heavy weather...shame, but the developer is very responsive to additions.  You could ask for this feature.

Consider it asked for.  :lol:

In our next version (1.6 or 2.0 or some other "crooked number") we will provide a more functional FO as well as reporting of passenger conditions from the chief flight attendant.  We do not want to go the route of providing a "passenger satisfaction index" as that's not very realistic.  So we'll essentially have the Captain ask the CFA how things are going... or we may have the CFA bring a report to the flight deck unbidden.

I do not believe that FSCaptain passengers will scream (I always fly safely and have a 100% on time record thankyouverymuch) but if our customers want their pax to scream... well we'll deliver scream-ability. LOL

Although I do know that if the Captain performs a smooth landing in bad weather conditions (or after a systems failure, etc.) the pax will give up a round of applause.  AAMOF that happened in real life just a few days ago....

One more question ... are there any problems with FSC when flying on Vatsim via FSInn?

I don't use FSInn, but we have had users just this week report that the FSCaptain in-sim menu is not available if they have FSInn installed.

Personally I don't use the in-sim menu to access FSCaptain (I use keystrokes or the external ACARS device), so that is not a loss for me.  But I will ask the reporters if they can use both FSCaptain and FSInn together.

Nor do you get additional points for flying through heavy weather

Just to respond to this point in isolation... in real life a Captain would seek to avoid flying through heavy weather.  He would not want the threat of such to endanger the safety of his entrusted aircraft.  That's one of the reasons FSCaptain introduced a few of its Hazard Pack features - one which could force a flameout of a turbojet engine if the Captain did not take normal ignition precautions, as well as enhancing the possibility of turbulence if flying in a thunderstorm.

Plus our enhanced take on dealing with flight surface icing (both on-ground and in-air) which IMO makes FSCaptain a potent adversary for those who like to fly dangerously.  ^_^

AivlaSoftEfbDeveloper.png

Sig1.jpg

(Each product functions in a fully-functional trial mode for interested users.)