Sign in to follow this  
Lucass

Software which simulate voices of flight crew

Just to respond to this point in isolation... in real life a Captain would seek to avoid flying through heavy weather

You're right of course Travis, but sometimes it's unavoidable, i was flying my Twotter near Wick last week, the weather was terrible, heavy cross winds, poor visibility, rain, i wobbled all the way in but managed (truth be told) a fairly rough landing.  I didn't get the bonus for a nice landing, nor did i deserve that; but somehow i felt disappointed that my white knuckle, anus clenching approach wasn't acknowledged.

Ian R Tyldesley

"I don't use FSInn, but we have had users just this week report that the FSCaptain in-sim menu is not available if they have FSInn installed."

Strange... I've installed demo and I have FSCoPilot -> InnControlPanel in the 'Addons' menu in FS (CoPilot is required soft to work with FSInn). So I started it, then FSInn ControlPanel opened and connected Vatsim with no problem (although I didn't transmit any communicate because ATC was logoff :)

It is glad to see that you try to fit this program to customers expectation :)

After first look, the soft is quite complicated :) ..so I start to read manual & tutorial :)

Ah, one more question - is FSC compatible with new PMDG 777? I don't see it on list in Flight Dispatch/Required section/Aircraft type.

..and 2nd question: we know that NGX has possibility to load cargo, pax and fuel via CDU.. so how it works with FSC together? I suppose that I should choose method of loading aircraft and decide how to load the plane: NGX CDU or FSC... am I right?

..and 2nd question: we know that NGX has possibility to load cargo, pax and fuel via CDU.. so how it works with FSC together? I suppose that I should choose method of loading aircraft and decide how to load the plane: NGX CDU or FSC... am I right?

I am afraid i can't help you with the FSINN or VATSIM stuff, i don't use either

I haven't tried it with the 777 yet.  I am following a strict rank style progression, so at the minute my pilot is only a Second Officer and can only fly the Twotter or Q400.  Please note this is only how i am using it, the program is not enforcing this.  I do believe that people are using FSCaptain with the 777.

I tend to simulate the loading on all aircraft models.  Basically i use FSCaptain to get the payload and passenger numbers and then enter them using the aircraft loading application; FSCaptain then only simulates the loading process.

Ian R Tyldesley

For the PMDG B777:

I use it a lot in conjunction with FS Captain. A few of the B777 "signals" aren't yet recognized by FSC. The current T7 landing lights "flicker" in FSC, as the custom code of PMDG doesn't quite toggle the default landing lights signal properly (the default variable is read by FSC), but this has been realized by PMDG and they will fix it in their upcoming servicepack.

T7 anti-ice works fine in conjunction with the FSC "bad weather beta"!   :biggrin:

i felt disappointed that my white knuckle, anus clenching approach wasn't acknowledged.

Ian,

A good landing in an "anus clenching" situation should be acknowledged if nothing more than by praise from your FO and/or applause from your PAX.  I'll see if we can "widen" the criteria for such post 1.5.0.

Strange... I've installed demo and I have FSCoPilot -> InnControlPanel in the 'Addons' menu in FS (CoPilot is required soft to work with FSInn). So I started it, then FSInn ControlPanel opened and connected Vatsim with no problem (although I didn't transmit any communicate because ATC was logoff :)

Lukasz,

Another Captain posted in our forum that by changing the order in which FSCaptain and FSCoPilot appeared in the dll.xml file, there was no interference in the simulator menu system.  It's a bit odd, but when there's old and new software trying to co-exist, there can be little problems here and there....

It is glad to see that you try to fit this program to customers expectation :)

After first look, the soft is quite complicated :) ..so I start to read manual & tutorial :)

We really do want to be able to co-exist with all other add-ons and aircraft - why not, eh?  Co-existence is a wonderful thing when it comes to add-ons....

The Administration / Dispatch side of FSCaptain does look "Windows 98'ish" while the newer ACARS looks... well... like an ACARS from the 1990s...  :rolleyes:   and while on the introduction FSCaptain does seem a bit overwhelming, it can quickly become second nature to whatever flights you want to make. (Just a few years ago I was an FSCaptain demo-user just like you.)

Ah, one more question - is FSC compatible with new PMDG 777? I don't see it on list in Flight Dispatch/Required section/Aircraft type.

Ah... a simple question which gets a complicated answer. :lol:  Welcome to the world of "FSCaptain interfaces."

First, there are Captains who regularly fly the PMDG T7 with FSCaptain.  That's good in itself.

However FSCaptain wants to know lots of things about the aircraft being flown.  Are the Landing Lights on or off?  What about the Nav Lights?  What about the Seat Belt and No Smoking signs??   The windshield heaters?   Engine Anti-Ice?  Etc. Etc.  It's all to track what you - the Captain - are doing in your flight.  Are you flying a turbojet through a thunderstorm with your engine ignition systems off?  Say goodbye to one of your engines....  :blink:

Many years ago Microsoft defined certain variables within Flight Simulator which any aircraft could take advantage of to operate certain "aircraft systems."  In the past few years though, many third-party aircraft developers started using their own "home grown" systems to track the same aircraft systems.

So Dutch (the FSCaptain developer) devised a mechanism to translate some third-party aircraft systems to the "Microsoft standard" system.  We have handled several aircraft from (in alphabetical order): Aerosoft, CaptainSim, Coolsky, FeelThere, iFly, JustFlight, Leonardo, Majestic, PMDG, Posky, QualityWings and SkySim.  Some of these have been supplied to us gratis from their developer in alpha and beta forms, but most we have had to purchase when they were released to the public.

But we have not yet worked with the PMDG 777.  Why??  Simple... since its release neither Dutch nor I have had time to purchase and use it. Over the past few weeks we've added support for many new weather engines, support for Prepare3D-2, and a complete set of procedures to simulate Ground De-icing and Anti-icing.

Now... we will purchase a copy of the PMDG T7 and establish an interface with it in the next few weeks.  (Certainly before the end of January.)  But until then, Captains can inhibit the sensors that look for the particular systems which it simulates "outside the box"... such as the Landing Lights which Oliver has noted.

.and 2nd question: we know that NGX has possibility to load cargo, pax and fuel via CDU.. so how it works with FSC together? I suppose that I should choose method of loading aircraft and decide how to load the plane: NGX CDU or FSC... am I right?

As Ian and Oliver have responded... it's up to how you want your aircraft to work - after all, you're the Captain of your aircraft, aren't you?  ^_^

We are re-writing our documentation and adding a few new (shorter) documents here and there.  I'll try to sum up this area in just a sentence or two....  1.  FSCaptain wants to increase the representation of "realism" in the area of flight simulation.   2.  Loading one's aircraft (with Pax, Cargo and Fuel) is one area where FSCaptain can attempt to automatically handle everything on either an abstract scale or with Detailed Loading of individual aircraft stations - or where FSCaptain can allow the Captain of the Flight to step in and manually manage the entire load process through the Payload and Fuel dialogs in FS9/FSX/P3D.

What that means is you can specify which of your aircraft will use the FSCaptain auto loader and which should be handled manually or through the aircraft's own "Load Manager."  (And even then in the case where you want to bypass the FSCaptain loading mechanism, you can have FSCaptain simulate the loading process so it will take "actual time" to perform your aircraft load.

Finally, I would like to note something that Ian referenced:

I am following a strict rank style progression, so at the minute my pilot is only a Second Officer and can only fly the Twotter or Q400.  Please note this is only how i am using it, the program is not enforcing this.

Ian,

This is what we like to point out to potential Captains... because as you know with FSCaptain, you are the Captain.  You can fly any aircraft at any time which is possible in your simulator.  If you want to take a demo flight from KPDX in a Cessna Caravan to CYYC and then immediately hop into an A380 or a B777 at the gate at KSEA for a trans-Pacific flight to Asia - do it!

Then again, if you want to apply your own personal restrictions - "I can only fly from the airport at which I last landed"  or  "I can only fly pistons or single engine turboprops" - that's great.  FSCaptain wants to allow you to simulate your flights as authentic as you want them to be.

FSCaptain will never enforce any rule to restrict what you can fly - you're the judge of that. (And as a Captain of nearly 3 years of service... you know it.)

[...] but [...]

Thank you for that most eloquent comment Oliver!.. because since I had just mentioned "judging" I need to add that if anyone selects me as your FSCaptain First Officer, I will gladly sit in your right-hand seat and guide you to make correct decisions... as well as sarcastically note every mistake that you ever make.   :lol:

AivlaSoftEfbDeveloper.png

Sig1.jpg

(Each product functions in a fully-functional trial mode for interested users.)

For the 737ngx I love fs2crew and it has cabin sounds. You can use the voice or button feature. I also fly with fscaptain at times to see how I am flying (sometimes I run both together!). FScaptain also has cabin announcements. Fscaptain you can try for free to see if you like it. There is more setup with fscaptain before a flight than with fs2crew. Fs2crew is a virtual flight officer. Fscaptain is more of a simulation of being a captain and how you perform on your flight. Both have cabin announcements and do different things. Try the fscaptain for free to see if you like it and look on youtube for videos of fs2crew. Fs2crew actually helped me a lot in learning the cold and dark startup sequence for the 737ngx. There is an issue with fscaptain and fsinn, although you can still run it. There are some fixes I just have not had time to try them out yet. Fscaptain is doing interesting things with icing and adding features to help with immersion and I have been pleased with it so far and it seems they have plans to continue to expand on their features, so it may be a good long term investment as well. Both programs will really increase your experience while flying.  

Then again, if you want to apply your own personal restrictions

Just on this topic, i would very much like to see some structure being implemented.  I have personally taken the rank structure from BA and applied my own rules, it would be nice if the software was able to do some of this.  So say individual ranks could have certain planes or groups of planes assigned.  I would also like to alter some of the rank progression criteria.

FSCaptain does seem a bit overwhelming

Yes, it put me off at first, i actually went back to FSP for a time after trying the demo.

But after the non-existent support on FSP i got more frustrated and tried the demo again, this time putting in some work.  Now i find it the better product.

Ian R Tyldesley

Both programs will really increase your experience while flying.  

Red,

Thank you kindly for your words of support... and for simply lumping FSCaptain in with such a highly respected utility series.

Just on this topic, i would very much like to see some structure being implemented.  I have personally taken the rank structure from BA and applied my own rules, it would be nice if the software was able to do some of this.  So say individual ranks could have certain planes or groups of planes assigned.  I would also like to alter some of the rank progression criteria.

Ian,

That's a noteworthy set of goals.  We will be able to fulfill them - but not with FSCaptain....

We're looking at slimming down FSCaptain itself when it's time for a "2.0" release.  The program itself is 4 years old and it's good after such a long stretch to clear things out and move things around.  (Which would give us room to add more in-flight related things.  Hee hee.)  FSCaptain itself would consist of a Dispatch Planner, an Administrator, and an ACARS.  And the ancillary aircraft interfaces, etc.

We've made no secret about developing an additional program.  Call it "FSAirline... Tycoon!" for lack of a better name. (And that's a pretty poor name, I must admit.  :wink: ).  What you're thinking of would go into that program - after all why carry around a module of company rank progression rules while you're in flight?  (Yes, today you're flying around with the entire Administrator lurking in the background.  But not in FSCaptain 2.0....)

So feel free to email us your personal rules.  We'll solicit such from other users and try to come up with a comprehensive set of guidelines so that any user could create a set of rules to best serve them as they tycoon-ishly run their own FS Airline.

Btw, it looks as if ACME Airline Services' contract with their Senior Flight Attendant - Heidi - is coming up for renewal soon after the first of next year.  Concessions will occur on both sides, as it appears that ACME will require a few more duties from their flight attendants....  :smile2:

AivlaSoftEfbDeveloper.png

Sig1.jpg

(Each product functions in a fully-functional trial mode for interested users.)

We're looking at slimming down FSCaptain itself when it's time for a "2.0" release

Excellent, i look forward to further progress.

So feel free to email us your personal rules.  We'll solicit such from other users and try to come up with a comprehensive set of guidelines so that any user could create a set of rules to best serve them as they tycoon-ishly run their own FS Airline.

Basically i took the main structure from BA and attempted to apply it too FSCaptain (admittedly FSCaptain wouldn't allow some of my more elaborate ideas)

So my rank progression:

Cadet (£6hr) Only allowed the C172 - A2A in my case

FE (Flight Engineer) Only allowed the Twin Otter

Second Officer (Base) Allowed the above aircraft and the Q400

SO (Top) Additionally the J41 and the BAe146...I know that the J41 is smaller than the Q400, i just wanted to fly Q400 after buying it.

First Officer (FO Base) Airbus A320 and 737-800 etc  (Aerosoft and PMDG in my case)

FO (Top) Just more money

Capt (Base) The 777...PMDG and the A330 when / if released via Aerosoft.

Capt (Top) More Money...and possibly the 747 (PMDG) when released

Capt (Trn) Even more money

Chief Pilot Even more more money

I would have liked to have a training airline so i could take my pilot through PPL PPL+IMC etc...FSCaptain doesn't really allow that because the rank progression is fixed.

I have also toyed with replicating the structure but in Nepal or Africa for more interesting destinations and to use the older style Aircraft like the 707 and the PMDG DC6 when released.

Anyhoo, that's how i use the software.

Ian R Tyldesley