Sign in to follow this  
BMagann

Add on instillation problem

I have tried to install the New York City X and the new tree texture add on into P3D v2, but both tell me that P3D isn't installed in the registry. Of course it isn't because this is P3D v2 lol. So, to get those to work do they have to be installed in FSX and then ported over, do I have to use EMT, or is there another work around?

Thanks!

Bill

- Bill Magann

I thought it was designed for programs that did not have a P3D instillation option, actually. ^_^

- Bill Magann

It's designed for programs that do not have a P3D installation option (if you're a P3Dv1 user), and it's also designed for programs that do not have P3Dv2 options (if you're a P3Dv2 user).

So I now gather. However I had already installed several P3D v1 add-ons into P3D v2 using the P3D v1 installers provided with the add-ons with no issues, so I was caught off guard when that didn't work in these cases. I shall obtain a copy of EMT post-haste.

- Bill Magann

There's no "Browse" button on the installer where you can manually point to the correct folder for P3D v2?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yes, but it still won't install because it looks for something in the registry that isn't there.

- Bill Magann