Sign in to follow this  
swk1959

LES Dc-3 issue's

I have been having some issue's with my Dc-3,  I installed the newest update from Cameron's page and since then I have no air speed indicator, no altimeter, no turn indicator, no fuel gauge, by this I mean they are there but do not function at all. Also I have no yoke animation and very limited buttons and switches inside the cockpit. I bought the plane back in April and have rarely flown it (mostly because I suck at it :) ) and I don't recall how much function the cockpit actually had. Has anyone had these issue's or have any advise?

Best regards,

Scot 

) and I don't recall how much function the cockpit actually had. Has anyone had these issue's or have any advise?

Hmm, it sounds as if something major fails in your system, like the Gizmo plug-in. There are already some t6hreads in the X-Aviation forum and several complaints in the german aerosoft forum. This is the reason why I didn't install the update yet (there was a new Robinson Helicopter and the Boeing 757 anyway as well as the A320 Neo update to 2.0 and a Siklorsky S-92 so it is more a question of time.

It sounds as if we would need another update from the update...

Thanks for the the info Goran, I just assumed it was probably something I had done :blink:

will wait patiently 

Hmm, it sounds as if something major fails in your system, like the Gizmo plug-in. There are already some t6hreads in the X-Aviation forum and several complaints in the german aerosoft forum. This is the reason why I didn't install the update yet (there was a new Robinson Helicopter and the Boeing 757 anyway as well as the A320 Neo update to 2.0 and a Siklorsky S-92 so it is more a question of time.

It sounds as if we would need another update from the update...

The 64bit edition of Gizmo resolves all known issues.

I have ZERO outstanding clashes.

It's been available since approx July this year, or April as beta - which required some minor tweaks,

The 32bit edition of Gizmo definitely sucked.

There were two reasons for this;

A; Audio clashes. By far the most annoying and frequent issue. The fix for this had to come from Laminar.

B; Lua clashes. This was a matter of reconfiguring the source code, this has been completed.

In short;

The 32bit version of Gizmo is ~three years old now. The issues have been resolved. 

If you want to hold onto this forever... fine, whatever. The actual technology has moved on.

If anyone has technical evidence proving otherwise, please bring it forward so that we can all benefit.

Author of Gizmo64 for X-Plane.

The 64bit edition of Gizmo resolves all known issues.

I have ZERO outstanding clashes.

I didn't claim anything else, but at least some of the claims we are seeing with the DC-3 are obviously configuration problems to start the Gizmo ßplug-in,

And I have obviously problems with the installer that always finishes with the error:

Error fetching URL: http://www.x-aviation.com/merchant/wrapper.php

IMHO thwere is something wrong with the windows installer of the new DC-3, while there were no problems like this with the Saab or SkyMAXX Pro.

I didn't claim anything else, but at least some of the claims we are seeing with the DC-3 are obviously configuration problems to start the Gizmo ßplug-in,

Can you please provide further details?

I try and follow support threads wherever they pop up and I am not aware of any issue with Gizmo64 other than historical user perception.

Genuinely curious...

Can you please provide further details?

I try and follow support threads wherever they pop up and I am not aware of any issue with Gizmo64 other than historical user perception.

Genuinely curious...

Well I think he already gave a report in the X-Pilot thread.

The Error message

" L:\X-PlaneBeta/Resources/plugins/Gizmo64.plugin/64/win.xpl : Error Code = 126 : Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden."

is pretty obvious ("Module was not found") and he had this problem under Windowes 8.0, while my problem occured under Windows 8.1 But since my problem occured in the installer I don't have a Log file. While I know that another user had no real problem under 8.1 while others had the same Barometer problems.

I don't really think that it is a problem of Gizmo itself, more like a configuration problem in the installer level.

Well I think he already gave a report in the X-Pilot thread.

The Error message

" L:\X-PlaneBeta/Resources/plugins/Gizmo64.plugin/64/win.xpl : Error Code = 126 : Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden."

is pretty obvious ("Module was not found") and he had this problem under Windowes 8.0, while my problem occured under Windows 8.1 But since my problem occured in the installer I don't have a Log file. While I know that another user had no real problem under 8.1 while others had the same Barometer problems.

I don't really think that it is a problem of Gizmo itself, more like a configuration problem in the installer level.

Thank you sir. 

It appears we're missing a support DLL from the installer package... 

(I think we all use Win7 internally.)

I will discuss this further with Cameron and see about getting the DLL copied to the correct folder.

Thanks again!

Scot,

I have  pretty much the same problem as you, with the exception of flight control. I sent a copy of my log.txt and Gizmo log.txt to Cameron. Not sure where the error is just yet, but  am sure they will figure it out and provide guidance.

Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

Thanks Chuck appreciate the feedback, I did receive an email from Cameron this morning near as I can tell it appears Gizmo is in the plug in folder but not loading for what ever reason. As I had stated earlier although I have had the plane since April, my skills to fly it lacked alot :unsure: and I didn't recall for sure how functional the cockpit was. I did try and install a previous update and I did get some guages back, but still not 100 percent so I am concerned I may have other issue's as well. Question. Did you ever have an animated yoke?

thanks,

Scot

Scot,

I have Gizmo in the Xplane 10 Plugins folder also but nothing in xplane 10 "plugins."  Yep, for whatever reason Gizmo is not being picked up.

You know, I don't think my yoke is animated either. I spent my time looking a gauges, :mellow: , and darn if I did not pay attention to the yoke.

I tried a fresh install today, no joy. Ah well, we will just have to wait for them to sort it all out or tell us the error of our ways.

I did send Cameron my Xplane log.txt and also the Gizmo log.txt. 

Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

I don't look at the yoke much either  :ph34r: I spend most of my time talkin' "pilot lingo" things like...... "why is that smoke billowing from them engines".... and... "oh this can't be good" 

I wondered because the rest of the detail of this plane is pretty amazing and I wondered if it was related to the Gizmo issue as well, I have been un able to start her since the new update....

what a beautiful ol' bird though,

great to talk to you,

Scot

Jim (the programmer working with me) and Cameron have been burning a few brain cells trying to figure out what is going on with the DC-3. Today, we're going to test out a few scenarios and try to get it all fixed within the next few days.

Again, apologies for this. We're definitely working on it.