39 inch Seiki LED HDTV/Monitor under $500.00.  I wanna get this for FSX.  Any idea if it would be compatible with FSX and really look great? 

Seiki Digital SE39UY04 39-Inch 4K Ultra HD 120Hz LED TV

It should work just fine. I have a 42" HDTV/HDMI that I use primarily as a main monitor for my sim machine.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It should work just fine. I have a 42" HDTV/HDMI that I use primarily as a main monitor for my sim machine.

How does it look 1920x1080 on a 42'' for flight simming? I was wondering if the image would be too "grainy", since the effective dot pitch is higher than a PC monitor. Also, what Anti-Aliasing level do you use?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

How does it look 1920x1080 on a 42'' for flight simming? I was wondering if the image would be too "grainy", since the effective dot pitch is higher than a PC monitor. Also, what Anti-Aliasing level do you use?

Purely depends on how far you are sitting from the screen. The closer you get, the more likely you are to see the pixels and any artifacts. That's why simply getting a bigger monitor doesn't always work.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

For my purposes, it works just fine. Understand though that I'm just not that picky about the fine details. My eyesight is such that mostly what I need is simply a BIGGER display. B)

My 42" HDTV is wall mounted, and I sit about 32" from the screen.

To be honest, I don't even use NVidia Inspector. My settings are from the FSX GUI and are Bi-Linear filtering and AA checked off. That's it. :P

Fr. Bill    

I bought the new LG29'' Ultra-wide (LG 29EA93-P) to help me concentrate better.  Check out the comparison below.. 

Comparisons from a 16:9 to 21:9 

0YTCM.jpg

rKfEg.jpg

a5TlQ.jpg

sLoKA.jpg

As you can see from the aspect ratio you get a better perspective with the ultra-wide.

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

Hi,

I purchased a 55" that I wanted to use for my flight sim setup... Viewing that large a monitor at a resolution of 1920x1080 looks terrible. It was so bad, I "IMMEDIATELY" put the TV in the family room and went back to my triple monitor setup at a resolution of 5760x1200.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Absolutely. It's resolution that is the key. That's why the release of the new 4K TV's is so exciting. It will be a few years before they come down in price and make them a viable option, but when they do, it will be awesome to have such high resolution (3840 x 2160) pixels on a 48" screen sitting maybe only three feet or so away from the screen. It would effectively offer the same quality, ie pixel size as viewing a 24" TV from the same distance!!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

To be honest, I don't even use NVidia Inspector. My settings are from the FSX GUI and are Bi-Linear filtering and AA checked off. That's it.

Oh man, old school ;)  

I wanna get this for FSX.

4K TV's are going to get much cheaper in 2014, but I would avoid this particular model, 4K is achieved at only 30Hz ... that's not going to hack it for FSX or PC output (you need 60Hz minimum at 4K, 120Hz is better).

I bought the new LG29'' Ultra-wide (LG 29EA93-P) to help me concentrate better.  Check out the comparison below.. 

Comparisons from a 16:9 to 21:9 

As you can see from the aspect ratio you get a better perspective with the ultra-wide.

Out of curiousity, what resolution are you running?

eh nm, found the specs, 2560 x 1080 I presume. I am really thinking of going this route. Two of those put together would be phenominal!

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Oh man, old school ;)  

If I were actually doing any "flying" it would probably matter more to me. As it is, 99.9% of the time I'm only loading/editing/reloading/editing/reloading...

...ad infinitum as I work on my various projects. :LMAO:

Fr. Bill    

As it is, 99.9% of the time I'm only loading/editing/reloading/editing/reloading...

That's my fear of becoming a 3rd party content provider ... no time to enjoy flying the sim(s).

That's my fear of becoming a 3rd party content provider ... no time to enjoy flying the sim(s).

Yep! Since I do this full-time, my usual day begins at 7am and ends at 7pm, with occasional breaks to change the oil and flush the radiator. By that time, the very last thing I want to do is look at any flight simulator program! :Silly:

After fixing supper and cleaning up, if there's nothing worth watching on TV I retire to my bedroom to read a dead-tree book for an hour or two before sleep time. :lazy:

Fr. Bill    

Have just invested yesterday in a 29" ultra Wide myself, 2560x1080. Love it

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...