Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

How are my specs?

My specs are:

4770k @ 4.8 GHz

ATI 7970

512 GB SSD

In the demo (defualt 747 with broken clouds) I'm running around 27-30 fps. is this good?

I'm running around 27-30 fps. is this good?

HDR on or off?

Post a pic of settings, maybe we can help you gain a few more.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

My specs are:

4770k @ 4.8 GHz

ATI 7970

512 GB SSD

In the demo (defualt 747 with broken clouds) I'm running around 27-30 fps. is this good?

Great--apart from the whole ATI thing. But, you should still fare well, assuming all of the other specs (like RAM, storage configuration, cooling, etc.) are on par with the 4770k.

My specs are:

4770k @ 4.8 GHz

ATI 7970

512 GB SSD

Looks like you're using 3 x 24'' displays? In this case, with a total resolution of 5760 x 1200, you could be bottlenecked by GPU more easily.

Can you post here a screenshot of your rendering settings?

(go to the rendering settings screen and then press SHIFT + SPACE to take a screenshot).

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

What's wrong with it? Looks fine to me.

Actually, I didn't realize this was in the X-Plane forum. Whoops, the dangers of using the recent posts on the homepage. The nvidia preference is only for FSX, although I have grown partial to nvidia after a long stint as an ATI owner.

I'm actually only running 1 24" monitor. HDR is off. I will post screenshots this evening.

here are my settings, many thanks for your help :)

Try the following:

.) The most important thing to improve your FPS should be to lower the "world detail distance" to "low" or "medium"

.) increase "texture resolution" to "extreme"

.) check "run full-screen at this resolution"

.) framerate-lock to monitor, choose "do not lock"

.) increase "shadow detail" to "3d on aircraft"

.) increase your screen anti-aliasing to "2x" and your anisotropic-filter lever to "8x" or even "16x"

You should have better FPS and better visuals this way. Let us know!

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]