Sign in to follow this  
kelvinr

FLightFX HDR environment Mod

Hello,

Can someone advise me what I'm doing wrong please?

Each time I try to run P3D with Sweet FX, I keep getting an error message "P3D was unable to load some program files and will now exit".

Once I remove Sweet FX, it's fine again?

Thanks for any help

Phil Murfin

Hello,

Can someone advise me what I'm doing wrong please?

Each time I try to run P3D with Sweet FX, I keep getting an error message "P3D was unable to load some program files and will now exit".

Once I remove Sweet FX, it's fine again?

Thanks for any help

Phil Murfin

If you're on Windows 8.1 SweetFX will not work (DX 11.2 compatibility issues)...

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Here is my own preset I've been working on.. Most presets use HDR/BLOOM and SMAA which I'm not a fan of.. HDR/BLOOM even in post process hits performance, and SMAA on top of SGSSAA actually makes things more jaggie.. IMO all the render needs is just a little tightening up of the colors to clean it up a bit.

You can get the settings here along with before and after samples (move the slider on the samples): http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/1034/

Note: Made in FSX but under Prepar3D label..  With what I did should accomplish exactly the same in both. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

If you're on Windows 8.1 SweetFX will not work (DX 11.2 compatibility issues)...

I have SweetFX working in Skyrim on Windows 8.1, but it may be a different version...

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

There is a fix for SweetFX in Windows 8.1 coming soon.  I'm keeping up on the issue, and as soon as I get the answer I'll post here.  

There is a workaround using an AMD config program called RadeonPro, but It's too convoluted for me right now if you're on NVidia.  I got as far as figuring out that you turn off all the other sections except for enable SweetFX, but I couldn't get to enable it, probably because it needs an AMD card or mild hacking for NVidia.   It probably does work for an AMD machine.

I have SweetFX working in Skyrim on Windows 8.1, but it may be a different version...

Yeah. I left that out because it usually confuses people and it's not fool proof. There are unofficial thrown together methods using SweetFX 1.4 that work somewhat on 8.1 One of the most effective combos is using RadeonPro (even with Nvidia) w/ SweetFX 1.4 and it's not guaranteed to work on every game either. 

Denali: The RP method does work with Nvidia, it's just not fool proof and no guarantee to work on every game. RP w/ a Nvidia card has no effect at the driver level. 

Denali: The RP method does work with Nvidia, it's just not fool proof and no guarantee to work on every game. RP w/ a Nvidia card has no effect at the driver level. 

The good news is that it does work on DX 11.2, which proves that it will work.  Really nice effects.  I live in Texas, where the contrasts in the summer are very intense, and the defaults aren't real enough for immersion.