Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

Anyone read the tuning tips from LM

Hi

I just pasted in the LM tuning proposal into prepar3d.cfg and had a much better simulstion experience.

I now have fluid 60FPS in external view and 45-50 FPS from the VC of a well knowned B737

The tips is from the Menu Bar .

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Pasted? From the help menu?

Thanks

Hi

See the doc under Menu/Help

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

well...With that computer setup I think it's not a miracle you are smooth with p3d? Good for You :)

I wasn't able to locate the tips. Can you please provide a link ? thanks in advance.

Ya care to share, the thing runs like &@($* on my PC

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Advanced Performance Tuning

Contents Display

Terrain

Graphics

JobScheduler

Main

Sources

The Prepar3D.cfg configurations file stores your simulation settings. It can be edited with notepad or your favorite text editor. The following entries are not written into the Prepar3D config by default, but may allow users to fine tune performance. We have done a significant amount of work with Prepar3D 2.0 to reduce the need for these config tweaks, but the following tweaks should still work, and may help advanced users optimize their experience.

Editing Prepar3D.cfg

How to Make Changes to your Prepar3D.cfg Configuration File

Locate the Prepar3D.cfg file

Create a backup of the original Prepar3D.cfg

Right click file and click "Open", "Edit", or if prompted choose notepad or your other favorite text editor

Add the below text into the specific sections to make the desired changed

Save the newly updated Prepar3D.cfg and begin Prepar3D™

Below are entries to place in Prepar3D.cfg. They have the headings inclosed in brackets and the entries are bolded, followed by Performance Tuning Tips on the intended purpose of the fix.

[DISPLAY]

TextureMaxLoad=6

Non-Default entry. This entry will not exist in your Prepar3D.cfg file by default and must be added to the file.

Performance Tuning Tip:

CAN induce stutters! Use multiples of 3 *ONLY* (3, 6, 9 etc) perfect for Photorealistic scenery

[TERRAIN]

SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=30

Non-Default entry. This entry will not exist in your Prepar3D.cfg file by default and must be added to the file.

Performance Tuning Tip:

This variable is the number of frames that the terrain engine will wait for terrain textures to be loaded into video memory before forcing new tiles of terrain triangles to be rendered.

[GRAPHICS]

SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=1

Performance Tuning Tip:

Using this rebuilds your shader cache by incrementing the number each time you make a change to the Prepar3D.cfg.

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=14

Performance Tuning Tip:

Prepar3D runs best with one thread per physical processor core. By default, the application will create one thread per physical processor core. On quad core plus machines, the application will leave the first physical core open to allow the operating system, drivers, and other programs to run without interfering. Please note that many AMD processors that are marketed as 4 or 8 core processors really have 2 or 4 physical cores with something analogous to hyper-threading, so the default of one thread on every other core is still the intended behaviour. The easiest method for modifying the affinity mask is to open the windows calculator in programmer view, select the binary display mode, and flip the bits in the binary number displayed to select which cores the application should run on. Note that the cores are represented right to left. /dd>

[MAIN]

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33

Performance Tuning Tip:

This setting, which defaults to a value of .33 (33%), defines the percentage of each frame that is devoted to loading scenery. Increasing this number can reduce "the blurries", but it can cause stutters, and can also reduce the overall frame rate. Try reducing the number to the lowest level where you still get smooth scenery paging. This will vary depending on disk speed as well as the type of flying, as well as the selected scenery settings.

Advanced Performance Tuning

Where is this posted on the LM site?

Edited by n4gix
Removed excessive quote!

That comes from the learning center documentation.

And where is that learning center documentation? Can not find it on the LM home page.

OK found it! It´s NOT on the LM site its on MY computer.

Start/All Programs/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D V2/Learning Center and go to Tuning Guide.

I thought V2.0 didn't require tweaking...lol

And where is that learning center documentation? Can not find it on the LM home page.

Its in game but one would think it would be pinned to the top of the website.

Must be trying to hide it.

Well, P3Dv2 doesn't require tweaking.  Not like FSX does.  :P

But that doesn't mean you can't make improvements for your specific system. 

OK found it! It´s NOT on the LM site its on MY computer.

Start/All Programs/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D V2/Learning Center and go to Tuning Guide.

P3D installs it in your Start\All programs\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3DV2\Learning Center

oOoops. Echo. :)

I read through this and went back to FSX and added TML=6 to my fsx.cfg and seems to alleviated some of my photscenery texture loading issues...lol

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor