Sign in to follow this  
Daveo

Active Sky Next Release Date Announced

Release Date Announced!

Active Sky Next by HiFi is officially scheduled to release on December 9th, 2013. A fully-functional 7-day trial will be available, letting everyone find out first-hand how ASN can dramatically improve their simulation experience.

Active Sky Next (ASN) is being called “The next revolution in weather realism” and contains a brand new hybrid weather depiction system with the new ASConnect interface, enabling comprehensive control of the weather environment.

Compromised weather depiction and multiple weather modes are a thing of the past. The new ASN hybrid depiction system brings the best of all worlds together. It features accurate cloud depiction, dense coverage, thick overcast skies, smooth cloud changes, 360-degree variable cloudscapes and fully accurate and smoothed ambient weather including winds, visibility, temperature, pressure and precipitation.

Also new to ASN is an extremely accurate precipitation radar simulation, facilitated by new cloud position awareness. Detailed radar returns match the depiction and intensity at all times, and new cloud-synchronized ambient effects provide a significant boost in realism. Variable in-cloud visibility reduction, precipitation and cloud turbulence is synchronized so that you experience things when you’d expect them.

New air effects bring enhanced turbulence, microburst simulation, wind shear, terrain-influenced high-resolution up and down drafts, ridge lift, thermals, and improved wake turbulence that properly drifts with the wind. Forecast data integration, enhanced thunderstorm depiction, a brand new user interface, voice weather briefings, hail simulation, inter-layer wind interpolation and brand new map overlays are just a few of the other new features.

ASN is planned for release on December 9th and will be first available for FSX. A Prepar3Dv2 version is expected to be available shortly after. An ASN license enables use of either version. An upgrade version will be available for recent-generation Active Sky users (ASX, ASA, ASE and AS2012).

A video and screenshot contest will also be held during the first week of ASN’s release. Anyone can participate using the free trial. $300 cash will be awarded to the video winner, and $150 to the screenshot winner.

For more information including screenshots, videos and latest news from the developers, visit the ASN website at www.activeskynext.com.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

So many weather options these days. Being a long time Activesky customer I will most likely purchase an upgrade. I have been using OpusFSX because it has less of a dramatic shift. Sounds good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

This will likely be my first purchase for P3Dv2 when I get it.  Glad to see that the P3Dv2 addons are coming on fast. 

Is the plan with the radar that 3rd parties will be able to plug it in to their panels?

Nice of them to offer an upgrade price for previous version owners.. They don't have to do that, most developers don't do that and they did it.. Kudos to them

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Very exciting... I surely will purchase on release day!

Thanks to Hifi for supporting previous customers as well!  ^_^

Looking forward to it. Any idea what the cost will be for the upgrade version (from AS2012)?

Active Sky Next by HiFi is officially scheduled to release on December 9th,

Good news for sure, can't wait. Just wish it wasn't the last day of my vacation.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Good news for sure, can't wait. Just wish it wasn't the last day of my vacation.

Yea but look at the bright side, you would have burned up your whole vacation sitting in front of the screen. :P

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Yea but look at the bright side, you would have burned up your whole vacation sitting in front of the screen.

LOL, yeah true, but its not like I live in Miami and could be at the beach or something. We're fixing to get a cold snap in Dallas starting tomorrow and lasting until next week any way. Only so much I can do for fun inside the house, so i'll probably be in front of some sort of screen, be it tv or sim. Most likely sim,

BTW, that brings up a question. Can we use previously downloaded and saved .wx files from AS2012 in ASN? I have some global downloads I like to use once in a while as well as some load .wx files I use on occasion and was wondering if I can transfer these old files to use in ASN?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Looking forward to using ASN :Waiting:

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

NO, Not buying it, I just upgraded to latest version not long ago, I have Part D and Medicare Deductables to worry about for next year.

Really excited to get the upgrade, AS2012 has not disappointed me to-date, hope ASN will be even better

Aaqib Afzal

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

pilotbanner.jpg