Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

Xplane settings - model per frame

For a while I've notice micro stutters started to creep up while panning around vc, I thought maybe was due to the resent 10.25 update, the new v2 mesh and the fact the my pc is not up to the demands of XP....but today while playing with some of the settings, I changed the "model per frame" from 2 to 1 and I can swear to you that I notice the stutters where gone, I can't say I gain any frames but I did gain smoothness.

I don't really know what this parameter does but I do remember when XP 10 came out its default was 1, now I think the default is 2. Can't say it will help you as each system is different but its worth a try if you are suffering from micro stutters.

You can change it in:

Settings

Operations & Warnings

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

This number controls how many times the flight model maths is run per graphics frame.

On lighter, smaller aircraft increasing this number is generally a good idea.

It's unusual that you're seeing stutter with this at 2 and relieving the stutter with a value of 1. I would expect the opposite to occur.

Have you tried increasing the value to 3 or 4 ?

What sort of frame rates are you getting ?

I suppose a general rule of thumb is:

- if the physics are acting weird, turn the value up.

- if the graphics are acting weird, turn the value down.

Strange... :)

Author of Gizmo64 for X-Plane.

Have you tried increasing the value to 3 or 4 ?

Not really, but for sure will try to see the results.

My frames are lock at 30 and most of the time it remains there even at big airports like KORD. This was while flying single engine Carenado and the C90 King Air.

I didn't gain any frames but the stutters are definitely gone.

Edit:  Ben' don't know what's happening but tried 3 & 4 and actually lost 3-4 frames, so I set it back to 1, frames went back up to 30 and its silky smooth while panning and turning. Test done with with GA and XP64.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo