Sign in to follow this  
Need-To-Know

If Pd3v2 is my Mistress - Fsx is my wife

So I was allured to P3dv2 by her sexy figure and I am having an affair with her, but only part time.

Ms P3dv2 is great to visit, she gives me what my wife doesn't give me anymore. She is fast and smooth. Nice and young. Likes to dress up and is fun to spend time with…for a few hours.

She appreciates the size of my GTX780 like my wife never has. Gives me great frame rates and lets me go on a beautiful interface. Her nice big clouds are a joy to spend time in and I could look deep into that water for days.

But after a while there is just a little bit missing. The depth of her airports and the depth of her planes, the lack of scenery and the scope of her addons leaves me wanting to spend time with that other lady I have grown to love….my wife…FSX.

Maybe when P3Dv2 gets a few implants and addons I will enjoy her more. Sometimes she can be a little off balance and act like a child. But with a little LM therapy I am sure she will change. And then I can finally get my divorce from that tired old bag I have spent so much time with.

Maybe it is just my midlife crisis but I believe, as long as the wife does not find out, I will continue to spend time with Ms P3dv2 until she gets on my nerves and then I go home.

Coming home to my wife after cheating I see so many things that I had dreams of when we first started out together that are missing from our relationship. She just does not get me sometimes.

But also the wife can offer comfort and security in that tired old body with airports, scenery, depth of planes and less time freaking out like a child with unprovoked crashing. The wife and I have spent so much time in counseling to get her figured out she is just more stable. She will always be close to my heart, but she can never satisfying my lust for a newer, younger, sexier and more modern girl.

Well...uhhh ...jeez....maybe I am spending to much time simming….umm cough cough…excuse me….. :blush: ... nothing to see here...please move along. :unsure:

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

Maybe when P3Dv2 gets a few implants and addons I will enjoy her more. Sometimes she can be a little off balance and act like a child. But with a little LM therapy I am sure she will change.

Ha ha ha ... before you give up or pause for reflection, I'll be posting another quick test video I made with P3DV2 ... it's yet another test flight around SF/Bay Area (sorry but it's a good base for me to test out changes and performance).  I'm hoping, after you watch my video, you'll see that the new lady in town just needs some lovin' as she's looking for a more long term relationship as she's not as young as she looks ;)

I'll try to get a video up as soon as possible (and it's not touched up in anyway shape or form), but it is 41GB of 2560 x 1600 glory and YouTube isn't gonna like that type of size or bandwidth ... so compression will take some time.  To date, it was the most immersive flight I've ever done in any Flight simulator since I started with Sub Logic ... stay tuned, hopefully get it uploaded tonight.

Rob

Big round of applause due. Well done on the best post this year!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Strike... LOL!
The post of the month.... if not the season... if not ever!

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

Great post... nice one.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

:lol: .

I think my P3DV2 is more into S&M.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Thanks for the great post "Need to Know". Lightened my day after doing battle with my P3DV2 woes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

As promised - don't give up (originally recorded at 2560 x 1600).

Great post, after all P3D V2 will be the future.

It's indeed a newer, younger, sexier and more modern girl. :biggrin:

You're a poet Rob :smile:, you really are !

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

So I was allured to P3dv2 by her sexy figure and I am having an affair with her, but only part time.

Sir,

You have just created an absolute classic for the ages.

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

As promised - don't give up (originally recorded at 2560 x 1600).

Great video Rob!

I'd probably bother to give P3D2 a second chance if I had your rig, but I'm not in the market for an upgrade just yet.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987!