Sign in to follow this  
KingGhidorah

Please explain Multi-Channel

What does this allow me to do, exactly?  I have a rough idea that it distributes the rendering across multiple computers, but that's about all I can find on it.

I currently have two networked computers sitting side by side, one has FSX on it, the other is used for other daily things, but hosts the weather and flight planners for the FSX computer.  Pretty typical setup.

If I were to buy 2 licenses of P3D, what are the possibilities here?

For example, if I wanted to run 3 monitors, one way to do it would be eyefinity/nvid surround and need a really good video card to ease the extra performance penalties that likely come with that.  I'm going to need to a much better gpu to handle P3D anyway.  But if I could push some of that off onto the other computer and get exactly the same view, but with better performance .....

This sounds like a really intriguing option, but there must be a catch to it, or everybody would be doing it.  Can someone provide more information on it?

afaik multi channel needs more work; if you have 3 monitors the best way to run each one on high settings is with a dedicated PC, connected together with WideView - it works!

And a separate PC as server to send data but not produc visuals.

FS Global Real Weather will support P3D v2 in January and this syncs the weather over all PCs

It was my understanding of Wideview that it was only appropriate for home cockpit setups (by that I mean no VC shown "in sim") and that you also need a license for every addon on every machine.

What I'm interested in is a setup that has the exact functionality of an eyefinity, nvidia surround, or triple head togo, but spreads the load across two or more machines machines and could be achieved by only the addition of one an one extra P3D lic. for the slave machine.  Is this possible with P3D's Multi-Channel capability?