Sign in to follow this  
autopilot

At what CALLOUT should we nose-up in FSX?

Arjen, random youtube videos are the worse way to learn how to handle an airliner. Just follow the FCTM

The weather was very calm here and this pilot lands this way all the time. And oh, it's not FSX but the real world in case you haven't seen it.

Yes I'm fully aware it is a real world video! :) Like I said, best way to learn is by reading the FCTM, if you think watching a random youtube video is the best method for you then by all means go for it ;)

Rob Prest

Hello, Guys!

These are 3 different pictures and all have different pitches in Attitude Indicator. Please tell me how much degree is the pitch in every picture? Also tell me how did you read these?

Image 1:

bn3q.png

Image 2:

ec4a.png

Image 3:

zlgj.png

Jeez.... Reread post 12... 2.5 degree intervals on the PFD

Nearly all your posts here suggest you like to jump into the deep end without taking the time to study. Slow down, and at the very least read the answers to your own questions.

Just to make it clear.

Pic 1 - 1.5 nose down(roughly)

2 - 12.5 nose up

3 - 2.5 nose up

Don't stare at the PFD during the flare trying to achieve the perfect pitch attitude, your eyes should be looking out of the window. tail strike pitch is 12.5 degrees, you have to be seriously screwing up to reach that in the sim.

Regards

Rob Prest

Personally, I would do some landing practice, and get a feel for how much you need to pitch up.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Jeez.... Reread post 12... 2.5 degree intervals on the PFD

Nearly all your posts here suggest you like to jump into the deep end without taking the time to study. Slow down, and at the very least read the answers to your own questions.

Just to make it clear.

Pic 1 - 1.5 nose down(roughly)

2 - 12.5 nose up

3 - 2.5 nose up

Don't stare at the PFD during the flare trying to achieve the perfect pitch attitude, your eyes should be looking out of the window. tail strike pitch is 12.5 degrees, you have to be seriously screwing up to reach that in the sim.

Regards

Thanks FLEX! Now I can see how much the plane's nose is up. Thanks for your lovely answer.

ADDED: Also tell me how much degree (pitch) nose should be up of any plane like B747, 737, A320 etc... while it's at 36000ft or 32000ft? (Means it's going smoothly and half journey is left etcc..). What are the standard rules of this?

Hi,

It varies with aircraft type, the Mach you are cruising at & the aircrafts Centre of gravity (fuel/pax/cargo distribution)

In general you are looking at a few degrees nose up in cruise, slower you fly the higher the nose up attitude.

Regards

Rob Prest

ADDED: Also tell me how much degree (pitch) nose should be up of any plane like B747, 737, A320 etc... while it's at 36000ft or 32000ft? (Means it's going smoothly and half journey is left etcc..). What are the standard rules of this?

Rule is - keep vertical speed at 0 and let pitch on it own.