Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMan

DA Piper Cheyenne and P3D?

Has anyone had success in loading the DA Cheyenne in P3D?  I have tried a couple of times, using the technique of copying the sim objects/aircraft files and other related files into the corresponding folders in P3D.  But it hasn't worked.  Have successfully used this technique for Carenado planes and was hoping it would work with other planes, including the DA Cheyenne.  Has anyone successfully loaded it, and if so can you share what you did?

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Ive been very scepticle of even trying that one. I believe it was a port over from FS2004 to FSX then to go to P3DV2 would be even asking more of it. :) I may try later using EMT.

Did you also copy the TCAS files from FSX to P3D?

I have it works just fine. I copied fsx.exe and put the copy in p3dv2 directory and used a program to change registry fsx path to prepar3d folder Installed perfectly and have not noticed anything wrong.

Have finally purchased  the Estonia migration tool and have successfully used it to install the DA Cheyenne in P3dv2.  Everything seems to work OK...except the system CTD's everytime I attempt to go to "full screen".  Doesn't happen for me on any other aircraft, just the DA Cheyenne as migrated to P3Dv2.

I know that CTD's after attempting to go to full screen view is a recognized problem on the LM forum, but have never seen an instance where it occurs with just one airplane.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Everything seems to work OK...except the system CTD's everytime

I suppose thats the definition of an oxymoron statement. ;)

I understand LM is aware of and fixing the problem in an upcoming SP.  In the meantime, this fixed my problem:

http://www.simflight.com/2013/12/16/potential-fix-p3dv2-crash-problems/

Works fine overall, only the landing lights illuminate @ 90 degrees (over the wings)

Anyone knows how to fix it?

Thanks

Stefti

Intel x299 I7 7820  OC @ 4.7 Ghz   Win10 pro 64

Gigabyte gaming 9  Nvidia 1080ti  11GB

Thermaltake level 10 Corsair H1100 h2o cooling

64 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz

Ch Rudder,Yoke,&Stick Itra flightboard 2000