Sign in to follow this  
BonanzaPilot

Random Freezing

Out of my past 5 flights, 3 of them have frozen. I checked AppCrashView and it shows the fault names as KERNELBASE.DLL for the first crash, PMDG_737NGX.DLL for the second, and StackHash_091f for the third. Are these random crashes or would something be causing this? I did not change anything on my system, it just started happening. Thanks for the help. 

PMDG uses Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 to make sure their products are installed properly.  Make sure the 2010 MSV is installed.  The kernelbase.dll is a system file and indicates something is wrong with your system.  The StackHash is related to memory and also a system problem.  I would scan your system for any corrupted system files - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833. If any are found, this program will fix them. In the AVSIM CTD guide there is some discussion about BEX/StackHash errors. Related to memory. No known fix.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

PMDG uses Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 to make sure their products are installed properly.  Make sure the 2010 MSV is installed.  The kernelbase.dll is a system file and indicates something is wrong with your system.  The StackHash is related to memory and also a system problem.  I would scan your system for any corrupted system files - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833. If any are found, this program will fix them. In the AVSIM CTD guide there is some discussion about BEX/StackHash errors. Related to memory. No known fix.

Best regards,

Jim

Thanks. Will give this a try. 

I tried the test and got the result stating that system files are corrupt but it was unable to repair them. I decided to do a flight last night and FSX froze on descent. The AppCrashView results are posted below but I am not sure anything useful is in them. I am running FSX, addon sceneries, PMDG NGX, TrackIR, and OpusFSX. Any ideas what it will take to fix this? Thanks for the help. 

Version=1
EventType=AppHangB1
EventTime=130306920922310735
ReportType=1
Consent=1
ReportIdentifier=7dcb20de-5d67-11e3-8203-902b34d386bb
IntegratorReportIdentifier=7dcb20df-5d67-11e3-8203-902b34d386bb
WOW64=1
Response.type=4
Sig[0].Name=Application Name
Sig[0].Value=fsx.exe
Sig[1].Name=Application Version
Sig[1].Value=10.0.61637.0
Sig[2].Name=Application Timestamp
Sig[2].Value=46fadb14
Sig[3].Name=Hang Signature
Sig[3].Value=f7fc
Sig[4].Name=Hang Type
Sig[4].Value=2048
DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version
DynamicSig[1].Value=6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
DynamicSig[2].Name=Locale ID
DynamicSig[2].Value=1033
DynamicSig[22].Name=Additional Hang Signature 1
DynamicSig[22].Value=f7fc88831a14516a1a53b7dc654b9c89
DynamicSig[23].Name=Additional Hang Signature 2
DynamicSig[23].Value=0a03
DynamicSig[24].Name=Additional Hang Signature 3
DynamicSig[24].Value=0a0361110b548a85e6238b8d704beae7
DynamicSig[25].Name=Additional Hang Signature 4
DynamicSig[25].Value=f7fc
DynamicSig[26].Name=Additional Hang Signature 5
DynamicSig[26].Value=f7fc88831a14516a1a53b7dc654b9c89
DynamicSig[27].Name=Additional Hang Signature 6
DynamicSig[27].Value=0a03
DynamicSig[28].Name=Additional Hang Signature 7
DynamicSig[28].Value=0a0361110b548a85e6238b8d704beae7
UI[3]=Microsoft Flight Simulator® is not responding
UI[4]=Windows can check online for a solution. If you close the program, you might lose information.
UI[5]=Check for a solution and close the program
UI[6]=Check for a solution and close the program
UI[7]=Close the program
FriendlyEventName=Stopped responding and was closed
ConsentKey=AppHangXProcB1
AppName=Microsoft Flight Simulator®
AppPath=C:\FSX\fsx.exe
ReportDescription=A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Any ideas what it will take to fix this? Thanks for the help.

If your system files are corrupt and the system cannot automatically repair the files, you will need to run a Windows "Repair" operation - http://www.pcworld.com/article/243190/how_to_repair_a_corrupt_windows_7_installation.html. Do you know what system files were corrupt? If I knew what system files were corrupt, I might be able to tell you what Windows program is corrupt. For instance, it could be one of the Microsoft Visual C++ packages or one of the Microsoft.net packages. If that's the cause then I could tell you which package to download and reinstall. But that's only a hit or miss possibility. The best solution is to do a Windows Repair operation.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks. I will look into this later tonight. I looked at the file that stated the corrupt files but it was very long and confusing. I was unable to decipher it. I will take a look later and see if I can grab a few file names. 

Do you know what system files were corrupt?

Looking at the log, a few of the corrupt files are:

msafd.dll, mprdim.dll, KBDPASH.dll, mprapi.dll, and DocumentPerformanceEvents.dll. 

I will work on doing a system repair.

Thanks

The documentperformanceevents.dll has something to do with documents and printing in Windows 7/8.  Could be a problem with network printing.  The mprapi.dll module contains software components to administer the connection and use of multiple simultaneous network protocols such as connecting to a Windows.  KBDPASH.dll has something to do with your keyboard layout. 

You may be having problems with network sharing or permission settings.  I think a system repair is the best solution.  Also, make sure you download and run a registry cleaner and run any anti-virus and malware program to look for viruses or malware.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

I followed the system repair guide and completed that. Now I am not able to even access FSX. I get an error stating "This graphics card does not meet minimum requirements for shader support." I tried updating the driver and that appears to have failed. I am also not able to access the internet now as my network card is not working on the motherboard. Not really sure what to do. 

Now I am not able to even access FSX. I get an error stating "This graphics card does not meet minimum requirements for shader support."

You are having major computer system problems. Until you fix the drivers for your video card, you won't be able to open up FSX. It is very difficult to help you as I have no system specs. It could be that when you repaired Windows, Windows discovered the graphics card located on the motherboard (if you have one of the latest systems) and the one on your motherboard is not compatible with FSX (but this is only for later systems). You should check System Device Manager and see if your graphics card was installed (click on the Start Button, look for 'Computer' on the right menu, right click Computer and select Properties. Once open, click on Device Manager on the left). You can run a diagnostics on your video card by clicking on the Start button, type Run in the search box and then look up and click on Run in the Menu. In the Run box, type dxdiag and then hit enter. Look at the various tabs to see if there are any problems or corruption. You may have to download and install DirectX again if there are problems.

You say you tried to update the video card drivers and it failed. This might happen if you did not run the installer as an Administrator. If the update failed, you have VGA resolution and it is not compatible with FSX. So you need to get that fixed.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

I do not think my computer is recognizing the video card. It shows the card being used as Standard VGA Adapter. I have tried to install the driver via by downloading the Catalyst Control Center but it fails to install the AMD Display Driver. All other drivers are installed fine, such as the HDMI Audio Driver. System specs are: 

Motherboard: GIGABYTE|GA-Z77X-UD3H Z77 1155 R CPU INTEL|CORE I5 3570K 3.4G 6M R

Video Card: Sapphire 6950 Flex Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5

CPU: Intel i5 3570k

Running Windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks. 

There are several posts here about problems with ATI video card drivers. I don't own the video card so I cannot help you with installing the display drivers. Look at the most recent posts here and they will tell you which drivers are working and which are not. When video card drivers fail to install, Windows will set your system up with the standard VGA drivers. FSX cannot use VGA drivers so you will not be able to start up FSX. The drivers that came with your computer should work. If the AMD Display Driver installation program is not recognizing your video card, it will not install the drivers. Make sure the wires from the monitor to the video card are secured properly. You may have the connection to the video card plugged into the wrong port or you might have an incompatible DVI cable. Look at Page 11 of your video card manual and it will tell you how to do this. I would try the other DVI port than the one it is connected to see if that works. The monitor usually has several DVI ports too so you want to make sure you have the right connection there too. For instance, if you are using the DVI-D connection on your video card, you want to do the same for the monitor and not accidentally plug it into the DVI-I connection. Of course, you need a DVI cable which should have come with your monitor.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

I was able to get it fixed. I installed an older video card driver and this fixed the issue. I then uninstalled the ethernet driver and reinstalled it. Everything is up and running and I will be doing a test flight tonight. Thanks for your help. 

I bet you are so relieved ... You can tear your hair out when trying to solve one problem, you end up with a far worse one :( Happy Flying!

I am going to bump this topic. I have not had access to FS for the past few months and when I got back I decided to reinstall everything. I reinstalled Windows 7 64-bit, FSX, and all of my addons. However, it still seems to freeze mid-flight. Last night, just over one hour into the flight, everything froze and task manager showed "not responding." I don't know what could be causing this and wanted to see if anyone had any ideas. I looked at AppCrashView and it doesn't look like anything failed. I have posted the results below. If anyone has any ideas why FSX would stop responding that would be great. Would Prepar3D be a better option? Thanks for any help. 

AppCrashView Results: 

Version=1

EventType=AppHangB1

EventTime=130437391287157989

ReportType=1

Consent=1

UploadTime=130437391289988151

ReportIdentifier=01af0608-d411-11e3-97f3-902b34d386bb

IntegratorReportIdentifier=01af0609-d411-11e3-97f3-902b34d386bb

WOW64=1

Response.type=4

Sig[0].Name=Application Name

Sig[0].Value=fsx.exe

Sig[1].Name=Application Version

Sig[1].Value=10.0.61637.0

Sig[2].Name=Application Timestamp

Sig[2].Value=46fadb14

Sig[3].Name=Hang Signature

Sig[3].Value=f7fc

Sig[4].Name=Hang Type

Sig[4].Value=2048

DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version

DynamicSig[1].Value=6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

DynamicSig[2].Name=Locale ID

DynamicSig[2].Value=1033

DynamicSig[22].Name=Additional Hang Signature 1

DynamicSig[22].Value=f7fc88831a14516a1a53b7dc654b9c89

DynamicSig[23].Name=Additional Hang Signature 2

DynamicSig[23].Value=0a03

DynamicSig[24].Name=Additional Hang Signature 3

DynamicSig[24].Value=0a0361110b548a85e6238b8d704beae7

DynamicSig[25].Name=Additional Hang Signature 4

DynamicSig[25].Value=f7fc

DynamicSig[26].Name=Additional Hang Signature 5

DynamicSig[26].Value=f7fc88831a14516a1a53b7dc654b9c89

DynamicSig[27].Name=Additional Hang Signature 6

DynamicSig[27].Value=0a03

DynamicSig[28].Name=Additional Hang Signature 7

DynamicSig[28].Value=0a0361110b548a85e6238b8d704beae7

UI[3]=Microsoft Flight Simulator® is not responding

UI[4]=If you close the program, you might lose information.

UI[5]=Close the program

UI[6]=Close the program

UI[7]=Close the program

FriendlyEventName=Stopped responding and was closed

ConsentKey=AppHangXProcB1

AppName=Microsoft Flight Simulator®

AppPath=C:\FSX\fsx.exe

ReportDescription=A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.