Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Both ends of runway in use at once (?!)

I was directed by ATC (I use PFE, but I don't think this issue directly relates to PFE - or does it?? - so I am posting here) to land at KDCA (Cloud9 version) on rwy19. Bit surprised to see an aircraft coming straight at me along rwy01, taking off. Zapped it with said FSUIPC function, but I missed my landing as it happened (forgot to turn A/Thr off!), so went around. Told ATC I had missed approach and was directed back to rwy19. This time I landed just fine - only to see a queue of planes lining up to take off (and then taking off) from rwy01!

Don't think I have ever seen this before. What may be wrong do you good folks think? Can't see how that this could be an AFCAD error, but I have checked I have only one active AFCAD for KDCA (though even if I had several I don't think that would produce this error).

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks,

Martin

Well, I'll post there too and see what they say. I seem to post little problems there (and FDC) rather a lot and sort of feel I get more than my fair share of support already, but hey, I did buy their stuff I guess.. and the support at OnCourse is pretty good, to say the least...

M

I've seen it happen in class C and D airspace and it depends how ATC is handling the traffic and wind direction. I've seen get out of hand only once and the traffic controller ended up with a little mess in his hands.

I have seen this at airports with afcads that have crosswind runways active and light winds.

With crosswind runways ATC thinks 01 and 19 are parallel runways.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Sometimes I have heavies taking off from the flip side when I'm on Final, sometimes I'm at the flare and here comes an AI 737 landing right on top of me!

And that's without using ATC!

I dunno about those folks in the Tower sometimes...

klingon.gif

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Sounds like a PFE glitch to me?

No it's not a PFE glitch it's an FS9 glitch (also in FSX). Even when you are using PFE or RC4 the default ATC is still working in the background. PFE and RC4 look to see what's happening and react accordingly. It often happens when there is a 90deg. crosswind. Depending on one's system setup both PFE and RC4 can be a little slow on the uptake whch leads to the confusion and late rwy change calls. But they are only mirroring what the default ATC is doing.

On my system PFE just about keeps pace with fsuipc and lets me land and taxi off the rwy with an AI obviously cleared to land on the opposite direction. My most common default ATC rwy change problem is oncoming a/c on the taxiways. The problem also exists in FSX and I presume in P3D also. As that is a semi-professional programme they really need to address the default ATC and get it to do its job properly both on the ground and in the air.

its due to the weather.. you could do a AI reload, or stop updating weather close to destination, like 100nm out or so.

reload AI by setting the time 1 minut back or forth.

.. even when you are using PFE or RC4 the default ATC is still working in the background...

that was my thinking exactly when I said I didn't think that this was due to PFE. Thanks for the replies .. I'll go through them later tonight and post back.