Sign in to follow this  
Azone

Official "Fix List" from Prepar3D Team!

Anyone know are we likely to see a patch or will we nees to do a full reinstall of P3D v2.0?

Should not need to reinstall

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I noticed AA wasn't on the list! I hope that was just an oversight.

That'll be different.

Hopefully, Nvidia fixes it in their newest WHQL driver update.

For example, when Assassins Creed IV came out, the latest 331.82 driver added support for the title. Same thing will need to happen with P3D.

Although FSUIPC fixed the disappearing joystick bug for me, it does take time to program it all. Nice to see that LM is working on a fix for that.

I guess this fix is more likely in an Nvidia update.

LOL. I can predict that response. Nvidia to LM. You need to change the way your doing things to work with our drivers that works great for Assassins Creed. :)

Rendi, as long as the L-M team have stuck with the DX11 rules, it's nVidia's responsibility to ensure that their drivers are compatible.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

And this is why P3D is the future, because even when MSFS was in full development we never had this level of customer attention, care, and feedback. Looking forward to seeing the platform continue to improve and get the kinks worked out.

Agreed.. Shame I refunded but no regrets.. I will be back in P3D land soon enough..  I dig the community around it and Wes and Beau are pros... Hence I still post here constantly even though I no longer own v2... 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

The one I see missing from this list is the high ambient temperature being injected by nearly all external Wx engines.   That is hopefully an easy fix -- certainly it's easily reproducible -- but it's forcing me to either temporarily change the FSCaptain interface to adjust for it, or not make revenue flights with an external engine which means effectively no real current Wx.

It's stopping me from switching to P3D for "real work!".

Dutch

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

The one I see missing from this list is the high ambient temperature being injected by nearly all external Wx engines.   That is hopefully an easy fix -- certainly it's easily reproducible -- but it's forcing me to either temporarily change the FSCaptain interface to adjust for it, or not make revenue flights with an external engine which means effectively no real current Wx.

It's stopping me from switching to P3D for "real work!".

Dutch

I've been using Open Clouds 'free til xmas' for the time being, since it works around it, haven't seen any problems between it and FSCaptain, and the metar reports for arrival seem to be correct.

But yeah, the 75C thing is an annoying 'bug', and it's a little disheartening that LM haven't addressed it at all so far. Hopefully ASN will have a (temporary) work around because I'm looking forward to it, and there's no way LM will release a patch before monday.

've been using Open Clouds 'free til xmas' for the time being, since it works around it, haven't seen any problems between it and FSCaptain, and the metar reports for arrival seem to be correct.

Never could get it to work in V2. Dave tried many times. I shall wait for the temp issue to get fiexed. Cant believe they didnt list that. Scary.

I'm kind of surprised to see this list not grow at all.. The list covers some good stuff but the elephant in the room still isn't mentioned.. 

Compatibility - Is it really backwards compatible and the bugs we have involving a gigantic chunk of addons are just bugs or did they over estimate what they could actually do to keep it backwards compatible and addons now actually require being true P3Dv2 compatible.  

If the latter.. You will see a lot more developers recharging for a full P3Dv2 compatible version of their aircraft which sort of defeats the purpose of "backwards compatibility" 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Compatibility - Is it really backwards compatible and the bugs we have involving a gigantic chunk of addons are just bugs or did they over estimate what they could actually do to keep it backwards compatible and addons now actually require being true P3Dv2 compatible.

Many of the products that aren't working 100% in P3Dv2 have stepped outside of the FSX/A SDK in order to provide features that are simply not available from the SDK's limitations. As a result, some of those "workarounds" make them not 100% compliant in terms of backwards compatibility...

...with the inevitable result that some of the non-SDK "features" no longer work in this new environment.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator