Sign in to follow this  
Til19031986

would pmdg 777 work on my pc?

Hey everyone

can someone tell me how good the T7 would work on my pc (frapeswise). and if not what i would have to change...

thx a lot

til

p.s. this is the pc i have:

Windows vista

Intel core 2 quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz 2.34GHz

6 GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD3850

Video memory 3327 MB

I am going to guess and say it wont run very well if at all. But I am no computer expert. My question to you is what do you usually fly on FSX with that computer?

It's a stretch, you are up for an upgrade I say. Looks like some laptop - upwards of 4 years of age.

I am going to guess and say it wont run very well if at all. But I am no computer expert. My question to you is what do you usually fly on FSX with that computer?

i haven't played fsx on this pc i must admit. i haven't played fsx for about three years now but wanted to start again. but on the one i had before (which was worse) i used to fly the pmdg 747 which worked ok. the fps where not the best but it worked. and because i heard that the T7 has better frames i thought it might work fine...

It's a stretch, you are up for an upgrade I say. Looks like some laptop - upwards of 4 years of age.

its actually a four year old pc. do you think it would be ok to just upgrade the videocard? or is all hope lost ?

I would keep the old PC to run active sky/charts etc & build yourself a new PC

Rob Prest

I would keep the old PC to run active sky/charts etc & build yourself a new PC

I agree 100% with this.

Matt Dickinson

Your CPU speed is low. Probably won't get much performance out of it with the T7.

Build a better PC for FSX/P3D.

how much would that cost me?

Whats your budget?  Im thinking perhaps up to 2K.

You can probably get something very decent in the $1500 range. My PC is already 3 years old but it runs FSX pretty well, no major problems running the NGX, don't have the 777 yet. My PC cost me $1400 built and shipped in 2010. So if you don't want top of the line something like mine with three year old technology would probably be closer to $1,000. I would not go that route though. Spend the extra money and get something good. I would say $1500-$1600 can get nice machine already built. If you know how to build the PC yourself you can save more.

You can build a system that will run 777 OK for 600ish dollars. You can build a system that will run 777 fairly well with 1000 dollars. You can build a system that will eat the 777 and anything that might come for FSX, and run P3D or XPL for years, for 2000 dollars. Whatever you wish.