Sign in to follow this  
hollow1slo

OK, I`m shocked...

I purchased P3Dv2 and it's still sat on my drive ready to be installed. To be honest, I really have lost all energy to do so. There seems to be so many hoops to jump through to get the darn thing working acceptably, I really don't think I want to be bothered. I've seen some amazing stuff recently from XP, I mean amazing! I have now got to the point where I am finding it very difficult not to give it an airing and a chance of finding a comfortable place on my SSD.

Well, the nice thing is there's a free demo of X-Plane 10. It's only limitations are:

1) After 10 minutes a window pops up and flight controls stop working;

2) Its scenery is limited to Seattle area.

You can even install aircraft add-ons in the demo.

Keep in mind that there's a big update planned in the first months of 2014 (version 10.30), it promises to bring a lot of improvements.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

But! the platform of 64 bit is X-plane 10, and that gives it some additional value, and, if 10.30 is going to bring us what I think it will, we might finally end up with a winner in X-Plane 10.30, specially if the flight dynamics are what you look for in the first place...

I suppose this is a case of wait and see. In the meantime, I'm very critical of flight dynamics, and there is no clear winner here.... either. Just depends on the programming expertise.

It seems to me that the dynamics in xp10 are not as accurate as some people think it is. On approach in xp, especially on final you notice the plane is going way too slow, and it's a 747! With calm winds and normal approach speed.

I've noticed this in pretty much all xp10 videos.

The biggest turnoff for me in xp10 is the ai traffic, I wish there was more. But the biggest thing is no winter textures, or season change at all. If at least they put seasons into future updates, I would make the switch right away.

these features will come

FSX with DX10 fixes is running smooth and fast...

Then you should be spending more time with it. I'm really glad you are enjoying you 32bit FSX, just be careful and don't overload it.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I've been simming since 1994 (showing my age :) ), used to love Sub-Logic ATP and have flown FS in all reincarnations since FS5.0. I tried XP several times over that period, and was given XPX for Christmas last year- it sat gathering dust after a short trial until the 64 bit version became available. It's what I fly most of the time now- and I haven't yet tried P3D in any version...

I'm still discovering the JARdesign A320 v2. The more I find the better it is- although I still have my issues flying an AB, one day I'll figure it out....

Agree with Andre above- some better form of AI, ATC and seasonal textures would really make this sim. But the runway lighting is awesome (night and/or IMC).... and I loved the sun reflections on the A320 engine cowling while turning as seen from a wing view... I've never seen that in a sim before.

I still fly FSX too- mainly for the A2A C172. Having several hundred hours in the real thing, it's an amazing product with the RXP GNS-530....

Bruce.

This being said, it is X-plane 10 the simulator I have been using more time, specially because of the A320 NEO. Is it better than the Aerosoft AXE? I don't think so - all summed up they're on pair...

Agreed with you here J.C. but the VC on the Jar Neo V2 is on par with the NGX, much better than the AXE IMHO.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Can anyone who has experience with both the AXE and JarDesigns get more specific on the pros and cons of each?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Recently i want to give a chance to Xplane sim, and downloaded demo version.

As it is time limited then i had very short experience, but it was rather negative one.

Even my graphic settings were set to 'high', cockpit, plane and everything around was far worse than in FSX.

Sound was terrible, like in FS98.

I couldn't take off default cessna, strangely i was howering sideways until crash.

Very strange experience, but i do not say no, maybe i should be more patient ...

Maybe after some time i will make second attempt.

Artur 

Okay gonna try the demo. I fly a lot of the 64bit DCS world and the flight dynamics are on another level

ZORAN

Well, the nice thing is there's a free demo of X-Plane 10. It's only limitations are:

1) After 10 minutes a window pops up and flight controls stop working;

2) Its scenery is limited to Seattle area.

You can even install aircraft add-ons in the demo.

Keep in mind that there's a big update planned in the first months of 2014 (version 10.30), it promises to bring a lot of improvements.

If you download an area of the new HD mesh I think you can fly in that area in the demo?   I seem to remember when I got the demo waiting for my disks to arrive that when I installed some freeware that also had mesh for the area it was all OK..   

Not sure I am 100% correct here though.

FSX with DX10 fixes is running smooth and fast....

Colin

....and,.....so?  My Kawasaki ZR-7S is running very smooth, and fast!   Wait!...wrong forum, dang...my bad....

In response to the post about the negative experience with the XP demo, in my opinion the XP demo is counter productive for X-Plane.

Time limits make it nigh on impossible to properly set the sim up to one's preferences and of the default aircraft, possibly the C172, C90 or the Baron 58 are better choices compared to the Avanti. That said, the best planes are payware ... so the impression is less likely to be made in an environment that's geared to making a first impression.

X-Plane demo hints at potential ... the full monty makes the experience much more solid.

Change the scenario around .. if I were new to the FSX genre of flight simulation and I had a 10 minute window to explore it ... I would have low expectations of it (I did ..default state etc). However, I went and bought my copies of FSX & P3D, bought some planes I read good reviews on, bought a couple of other addons and scenery that the community had endorsed and I 'listened' on the FSX forums ... result, I now can say that I have genuinely enjoyed some of my flying in FSX ... especially in the Aerosoft Extended Twotter (gee I hope this EXACT one makes it into X-Plane!).