Sign in to follow this  
hollow1slo

OK, I`m shocked...

Wow, what can I say. This is INSANE.

I`ve been doing my FSX and P3Dv2 dance lately (install, tweak, crash, OOM, re-install, delete .cfg, etc.), it was driving me crazy.

Finally I decided to give the XP10 another go, just to see if it has improved since it`s release. I was quite a bit disappointed with the 10.0 release version.

At first I was shocked at the increased performance (upgraded to 780gtx recently), all settings maxed out. Then I purchased the two magnificent a/c addons: JARDesign˙s A320 v2 and LES Saab 340. First class job on those two (I used to fly all top-end FSX a/c, such as. PMDG737/777, Majestic Dash 8, Aerosoft A320), both are easily on par with those.

Afterwards, I installed the freeware (can`t believe those are free really) scenery, mesh and weather addons as follows:

- HD Mesh v2. (whole Europe),

- OSM Europe + autogen and

- Skymaxxx.

Well, what can I say? A combination of the above listed addons is pure PERFECTION. Graphics, flight dynamics, sounds, systems fidelity, weather... and on and on...

Oh, and no tweeking, which is something new to me (as opposed to FSX).

Guys, a big THANK YOU to all involved, you really are pushing this sim well above everything else.

Now, where`s my FSX and P3Dv2? Long gone.

Regards,

Matej

Matej Stavanja

Afterwards, I installed the freeware (can`t believe those are free really) scenery, mesh and weather addons as follows:
- Skymaxxx.

You need to try this one too:

http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/urbanmaxx-p-102.html

its worth every penny.

Glad you are enjoying XP!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Wow, what can I say. This is INSANE.

I`ve been doing my FSX and P3Dv2 dance lately (install, tweak, crash, OOM, re-install, delete .cfg, etc.), it was driving me crazy.

Finally I decided to give the XP10 another go, just to see if it has improved since it` release. I was quite a bit disappointed with the 10.0 release version.

At first I was shocked at the increased performance (upgraded to 780gtx recently), settings all maxed out. Then I purchased the two magnificent a/c addons: JARDesign˙s A320 v2 and LES Saab 340. First class job on those two (I used to fly all the top-end FSX a/c, such as. PMDG737/777, Majestic Dash 8, Aerosoft A320), both are easily on par with those.

- Skymaxxx.

Well, what can I say? A combination of the above listed addons is pure PERFECTION. Graphics, flight dynamics, sounds, systems fidelity, weather... and on and on...

Oh, and no tweeking, which is something new to me (as opposed to FSX).

Guys, a big THANK YOU to all involved, you really are pushing this sim well above everything else.

Now, where`s my FSX and P3Dv2? Long gone.

Regards,

Matej

Matej,

I am exactly in your boat, including the GTX 780 purchase.  After multiple OOM crashes and the "experts" lecturing me on pushing P3D v2 too far I had my fill... and tried out Xplane 10.  I do not regret it.  As you have seen there are many quality add ons, and the lack of 3rd party add ons is starting to turn.  It is a great feeling having everything on max and not having to worry about deactivating certain scenery and annoying OOM's. 

-Phil

Uhhhh Skymaxx isn't free.

But great to hear!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Actually I have a free skycolor set called skymaxx ;)...its at the org somewhere. ...

Uhhhh Skymaxx isn't free.

But great to hear!

Yeah Ryan, my mistake, I was a bit carried away by the other payware quality free stuff.

But as said, Skymaxx is well worth it.

I just performed a short A320neo flight (from Geneva to Ljubljana) and I`m still picking up my jaw. The HD mesh combined with EU OSM autogen and RL weather is unbeliveable. Set on MAX, and still get 30+ fps.

Matej Stavanja

At first I was shocked at the increased performance (upgraded to 780gtx recently), all settings maxed out. Then I purchased the two magnificent a/c addons: JARDesign˙s A320 v2 and LES Saab 340. First class job on those two (I used to fly all top-end FSX a/c, such as. PMDG737/777, Majestic Dash 8, Aerosoft A320), both are easily on par with those.

Really?  Is the JARDesign's A320 v2 close to a PMDG level aircraft?  I don't care about failures.  But everything else?  Is it that good?  Did you have the Aerosoft Airbus Extended X for FSX?  How is it against that if it's not as good as PMDG?

I am in somewhat of the same boat...though I do have FSX running fine right now.  I'm just watching the P3D stuff and just starting to look into XPlane too as to what's next.  P3D would be "easy" to go to as it's familiar and I can hang on to a lot of add ons.  But, as you say and others are experiencing, to have to still be so concerned about VAS and what scenery you enable/disable with every flight to me, is not much in the way of progress nor is it the future.  Ultimately, 64-bit is where we have to get to and X-Plane is already there.  So, it's got me seriously pondering it.

Unfortunately right now I only have a 1GB 560Ti, so I'm not even that inclined to try the demo as I don't think I'll be able to take enough of an advantage of X-Plane to give me the "wow" factor you're experiencing.  But, this and some other topics have really got me looking into a new vid card purchase for Xmas so I can get X-Plane, the JARDesigns a320, the HD mesh, etc and see what I'm missing.  :)

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Unfortunately right now I only have a 1GB 560Ti, so I'm not even that inclined to try the demo as I don't think I'll be able to take enough of an advantage of X-Plane to give me the "wow" factor you're experiencing.

I got many wow moments with a 6670 and I am upgrading soon to a 660ti.  I was glad I gave it a try.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

If I measure up all the pros and cons of each simulator, FSX, P3Dv2, X-plane 10, just as they are all right now, FSX in DX10 mode as I am using it, P3Dv2 awaiting a first update for me to re-install it, not that I didn't like what I saw, and X-plane 10 with the latest great add-ons, I have to give the same score to the three.

This being said, it is X-plane 10 the simulator I have been using more time, specially because of the A320 NEO. Is it better than the Aerosoft AXE? I don't think so - all summed up they're on pair...

We still do not have a Majestic Q400 in X-Plane either, and although the FF models are great, I'm sorry to say that I don't find the 777 comparable to the PMDG 777.

The upcoming iXEG 737 will probably be the first X-plane 10 add-on really at the level of what PMDG offers for FSX, probably even better in the complexity it simulates, I hope so...

Meanwhile, I still can't say any of the three wins ...

But! the platform of 64 bit is X-plane 10, and that gives it some additional value, and, if 10.30 is going to bring us what I think it will, we might finally end up with a winner in X-Plane 10.30, specially if the flight dynamics are what you look for in the first place...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

One or both will be back

LOL, you should give it a try too, I bet you will fall to the same XP10 incantation!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

The biggest turnoff for me in xp10 is the ai traffic, I wish there was more. But the biggest thing is no winter textures, or season change at all. If at least they put seasons into future updates, I would make the switch right away.

I purchased P3Dv2 and it's still sat on my drive ready to be installed. To be honest, I really have lost all energy to do so. There seems to be so many hoops to jump through to get the darn thing working acceptably, I really don't think I want to be bothered. I've seen some amazing stuff recently from XP, I mean amazing! I have now got to the point where I am finding it very difficult not to give it an airing and a chance of finding a comfortable place on my SSD.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I would also suggest upgrading the freeware SkyMaxx, to the latest SkyMaxx Pro v1.1  You can then forget about any resource drain to have its settings at max....a suggestion.

Already do...what a delight!