Sign in to follow this  

Autogen popping with ED setting

I wondered if anyone else also noticed that when you have autogen at extremely dense and you fly over trees that you repeatedly see a few trees popping up and go away again. It's as if the render engine can't decide if it wants to show extremely dense or very dense and it toggles between the two all the time. Apart from performance reasons this is also a reason why I keep autogen at Very dense for now.

Anyone else noticed this too? I had this with my first install of P3D 2.0 but also with my current install.

I think Lockheed Martin said that autogen will pop in only when there's too much to render and Prepar3D needs to catch up; in this case it will skip the alpha-fade.

I think Lockheed Martin said that autogen will pop in only when there's too much to render and Prepar3D needs to catch up; in this case it will skip the alpha-fade.

Ok, but it's not that all trees in the distance suddenly popup: it's just a few trees among the other trees directly in front of me. So the autogen is there already, fine and dany, but a few trees disappear and come back again all the time. Again, as if the sim is constantly switching between ED and VD in real time!

Saw them do that today in the heavy weather and didn't give it much thought, as it looked as if they were popping in and out of the clouds. When I was doing the flight in summer I was using the P3D default flight weather, and didn't notice the trees popping.