Sign in to follow this  
odourboy

Big-Bottom Clouds (FSX Content)

I've set out yesterday to try and improve the appearance of the clouds I've been getting in FSX, particularly the cumulus. I made a 'minor' change and bam! Finally got some nice, volumous clouds happening. Saw a particularly big-arse one form up so I buzzed around it and took a few screen shots.

u0zb.jpg

79je.jpg

unwm.jpg

All I changed in the default 'Fair Weather' settings was the ceiling on the cumulus, to 25500 ft, and while most of the clouds never get anywhere near that height, this one did, and it's made a huge difference to the overall appearance of my cumulus clouds. These particular clouds are FEX 'String of Pearls', but I don't think the particular texture is all that important.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Great clouds!

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Thanks! It's such a pleasure to be surrounded by nice clouds! No more clear skies for me. :lol:

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)