Sign in to follow this  
sleightflight

New gtx780 classified help setting up

Hi all, I got my new evga gtx780 classified today, un installed all amd drivers and software, installed the newest nvidia drivers and software and nvidia inspector 1.9.7.2, I have never had a nvidia card before and I could use some advice on the settings please and if I have the best driver/inspector installed for fsx. at the moment it doesn't look as nice as my 6970 did.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Ok, thanks I will check that out when I get home, I found something similar on a Google search, they were using 1.9.7.1 and the settings they had posted were not available on 1.9.7.2.

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

Google searched nvidia inspector 1.9.7.2 fsx settings and found a thread were someone else was having a problem, there was a link to the new avsim fsx guide v2.0, there I have found what I was looking for. Thanks.

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

Ok, I have applied all the settings in nvidia inspector 1.9.7.2 as per guide going for the highest sparse grid setting recommended, the quality of the picture is nit as sharp as what I had with my ati card, any clues anyone please ?

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

Its just a little bit fuzzy next to what I had with the ati , like a camera thats not quite focused properly.

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

Text and icons on the desktop are the same, I have tried messing with gamma, contrast & brightness settings don't seem to improve it.

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

Still had no joy sharpening up text & fsx, maybe all the nvidia is better than ati hype isn't true.

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

For an LCD screen to be sharp, you need to use it at its native resolution, but I'm sure you know that. Second point is the type of cable used, but you must be using the same one for the ATI card.

Unless there is something wrong with the EVGA780class?

I am presently using a Asus gtx780DC2 at 2560x1440 rez (native rez.) and it is as sharp as it can be.

Pierre

Pierre

Yes you are correct, I am using my monitor at its native resolution, and I am using the same hdmi cable I had in my ati card, the splash screen for making fsx selections is awfull on the text, I have tried using the win 7 clear type setup as well. My desk top screen saver picture looks ok, in fsx its not as sharp as what the ati card gave me. I haven't gained anything in fsx only gone backwards, in heaven bench test v4 my scores are a lot higher now with the 780, & 3d mark puts my pc above 90% of all results.

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

Hey Sleighflight - Don't give up hope and there probably is nothing wrong with your card.

I switched over from a 7950 to a 780 Classified not too long ago. I remember thinking the same thing that everything looked fuzzy.

I did finally find a setting that fixed it. I have been covered up with work so have not flown for a couple of weeks, but just popped open FSX to make sure the fuzzy was gone and it is.

Sorry I can not remember exactly what I did and will not have time to research before I head out of town for a month in a few days.

Just wanted to let you know there IS as setting that helps and you will find it.

I was unhappy at first changing from my 7950 thinking the same things you posted - Like what is all of the hype about Nvidia over AMD. And oddly I still had to turn down a few sliders in FSX while using the 780 that were higher on my Radeon card.

When I get back in town I plan to setup another computer and will be using my 7950 for the card. It will be interesting seeing them side by side.

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

If the image looks a bit fuzzy it's probably your AA setting.

I use 8xSQ and 2xSGSS

If AA is too high or the wrong setting you will see a blurry cockpit panel.

I use 8 x sq followed the avsim inspector set up guide, it is now better than it was and fsx looks quite nice now, text is still not as sharp as it was with the ati card but its far better than it was.

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

Desk top text is still not as clear as it was with the ati card, and the text in the sim is also not as sharp, I really don't get it, NVIDIA is supposed to give sharper graphics.

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight