Sign in to follow this  
fscottee

2D panel view seems to kill stutters.

Really?  Nobody?  I just solved your stutters and no one thanks me?

Seriously now.  Someone try it and tell me if your stutters are gone.  It seems framerate isn't the issue - in other words, switch to 2D panel, crank up the details and get the fps down low and see how the stutters are non-existent.

Please let me know so I can send this to Beau.

No, that's a different issue.

I'm referring to the 2D dashboard view:

Hit 'A' until you see no cockpit.

'Shift - 1' then gives you the 2d cockpit view.

For those experiencing stutters, regardless of framerate, tell me if this solves the stutter issue. 

It is suspect that the stuttering is related to the 3d cockpit view (and additionally the g-force effects on pilot head movement, perhaps a closely related stuttering issue).  

Also, if you have the time, disable pilot head movement by editing the prepar3d.cfg file and set all values to zero:

Should look like this in the prepar3d.cfg file:

[DynamicHeadMovement]
LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.000000
LonAccelOnHeadPitch=0.000000
RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.000000
YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.000000
RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.000000
MaxHeadAngle=5.000000
MaxHeadOffset=0.300000
HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000

Well, sorry. I dont have aircraft with a 2D cockpit window. Not many do theses days! I only use VC so this isnt much of a solution for me.. VC cockpits have always been more demanding. If youreally want good performance. Get all external hardware gauges, Go Flight etc, and use only outside scenery view which I believe its more designed for. It is a professional sim.

This isn't a

Well, sorry. I dont have aircraft with a 2D cockpit window. Not many do theses days! I only use VC so this isnt much of a solution for me.. VC cockpits have always been more demanding. If youreally want good performance. Get all external hardware gauges, Go Flight etc, and use only outside scenery view which I believe its more designed for. It is a professional sim.

Yes you do, there's several default aircraft that have 2D cockpit views.

And it's not a solution, it's a test to find out what's causing stutters.  Like I mentioned above, framerate isn't the issue, so we aren't referring to performance here.  Some folks are getting stutters with 40+ fps.  If the VC is the root cause of the stutters then it will help LMI in the right direction. 

The stutters are not related to framerate.  You can have 'smooth' stutter free flying at 15 fps.