Sign in to follow this  
meshman

Prepare3D catagories?

Yes, it is that time to inquire about Prepar3D specific upload categories. I have a small add on that is specific to P3Dv2 and no where to upload it to within the library.

Thanks for the continued efforts of the Library crew!

Scenery/AFD files will likely be the largest v2 specific area, though the real issue isn't so much that v2 files are outright incompatible with FSX/1.4, but that FSX/1.4 files will most likely need adjustments for full v2 compatibility.

I was thinking of uploading a fixed v2 compatible version of O'Hare, but wasn't sure where to put it myself.

Regards,

Brian Doney

What category would you suggest for it?

Maybe I'm not understanding your question, but I'm thinking of Prepar3D specific categories for uploading sceneries, repaints, missions, etc. Right now, I have some "AFCAD" type files that are specific to P3Dv2. But there is no Prepar3D category to upload to. I could use the Misc Files and hope people might see and notice the upload. But in my dusty crystal ball, I look into the not too far future and see P3D as the dominate simulation tool and eventually there will be P3D specific files that are not backwards compatible.

You can send them to miscellaneous files for the time being and we can bold edit which version they are for until we fix the file areas.

Then we can move them later on to the proper areas.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Prepar3D and subcategories have been created and are active in the library.

Oh, cool! I'll get my little "fixer" for P3Dv2 upped tomorrow.

Thanks for the time and effort.

All very fine for P3D, but FSX liveries etc have disappeared. I was about to upload a paint but backed out because it is not a specific P3D paint. I don't want the Prepar3D house to come down on me! "You're paint don't work in P3D!" stuff.

What's the situation with that? :unsure:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Scrub that last post of mine. It's been sorted. :smile:

Scrubbed  :p0128:

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png