Sign in to follow this  
Arwen

Prepar3d V2 - with FTX Global

For me, there was a BIG difference in the forested areas areas with FTX [and for rural fields. and a HUGE difference in the night lighting]. I wish I had before and after comparisons, but I wasn't thinking that far ahead and was pretty excited to finally get to install FTX (which I had been wanting since I first heard about it, but it would have made my old computer explode).

In my home area, flying around the White Mountains, the forest do actually look very much like they do in P3D2+FTX (as shown in my bottom screenshot), much of this area is part of the National Forests, where logging is done in relatively small sections of clearcut, which look exactly like the forest in that screenshot.  [i don't get to fly small planes in real life, but I do hike in these mountains, so I have looked down on these forest a bunch.]

However, there are some graphic issues with FTX and P3D2 that OrbX is working to fix.  As I understand this, version 2.0 includes some landclass changes, and this are not receiving the correct FTX textures.  In my flights I have seen sandy/desert areas in places where they shouldn't exist.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

WOW, my jaw just dropped !! Very nice !!

That is some serious eye-popping and very recent gear you have, 16 Gb RAM, Geforce GTX 780, SSD drive, 3Gb video ram, i7-4770K Haswell. IMHO, its the ultimate dream configuration for P3D as at Xmas 2013. 

Are these pictures produced with the sliders at max ? What frame rates are you getting ?

I'll be trying a Zotac 770 GTX (780 gtx almost twice the price) with 3 monitors. Can you publish your final P3D realism graphic settings ? I'll probably have to tweak down from your point.

Thanks in advance :)

Thanks! My old computer had been having all sorts of issues for like 18 months (and it never could run FSX very well at all). It's motherboard gave out in July, so I finally had to replace it, and Digital Storm was having a great summer sale (and their techs were extremely helpful when I was trying to figure out what I needed . . . and could afford). I'm VERy happy with my new computer. :)

My FPS are displayed in most of my screenshot, but you have to look close at the red text in the upper left. [in order: 51.1; 36.9; 56.9; 39.8; probably 50 to 60 (the first 3 were with target FPS set to unlimited, and the 4th one was locked at 40).

Here are the settings that I was using when I took those screenshots. I can set these a bit higher, and and still get great FPS, but I backed them off a bit (to what they are at in these screenshots), as I was getting sudden OOM crashes in some areas (even when my FPS were 50+).  I've been using these settings for several days now and haven't had any OOM issues at all.

post-144526-0-04666600-1386266917.jpg

post-144526-0-43271000-1386266932.jpg

post-144526-0-53769200-1386266949.jpg

post-144526-0-08258400-1386266962.jpg

post-144526-0-09590800-1386266988.jpg

~ Arwen ~

Thanks! My old computer had been having all sorts of issues for like 18 months (and it never could run FSX very well at all). It's motherboard gave out in July, so I finally had to replace it, and Digital Storm was having a great summer sale (and their techs were extremely helpful when I was trying to figure out what I needed . . . and could afford). I'm VERy happy with my new computer. :)

My FPS are displayed in most of my screenshot, but you have to look close at the red text in the upper left. [in order: 51.1; 36.9; 56.9; 39.8; probably 50 to 60 (the first 3 were with target FPS set to unlimited, and the 4th one was locked at 40).

Here are the settings that I was using when I took those screenshots. I can set these a bit higher, and and still get great FPS, but I backed them off a bit (to what they are at in these screenshots), as I was getting sudden OOM crashes in some areas (even when my FPS were 50+).  I've been using these settings for several days now and haven't had any OOM issues at all.

It's nice to finally see in sim settings versus config file hacks to get the sim to work correctly.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

For me, there was a BIG difference in the forested areas areas with FTX [and for rural fields. and a HUGE difference in the night lighting]. I wish I had before and after comparisons, but I wasn't thinking that far ahead and was pretty excited to finally get to install FTX (which I had been wanting since I first heard about it, but it would have made my old computer explode).

In my home area, flying around the White Mountains, the forest do actually look very much like they do in P3D2+FTX (as shown in my bottom screenshot), much of this area is part of the National Forests, where logging is done in relatively small sections of clearcut, which look exactly like the forest in that screenshot.  [i don't get to fly small planes in real life, but I do hike in these mountains, so I have looked down on these forest a bunch.]

However, there are some graphic issues with FTX and P3D2 that OrbX is working to fix.  As I understand this, version 2.0 includes some landclass changes, and this are not receiving the correct FTX textures.  In my flights I have seen sandy/desert areas in places where they shouldn't exist.

Hi Arwen, thanks for explaining.

Here are the settings that I was using when I took those screenshots. I can set these a bit higher, and and still get great FPS, but I backed them off a bit (to what they are at in these screenshots), as I was getting sudden OOM crashes in some areas (even when my FPS were 50+). I've been using these settings for several days now and haven't had any OOM issues at all.

Arwen you def have a ton of more room for eye candy.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Are those shots with default terrain mesh?  I thought that P3D V2 did not upgrade the old FSX mesh so I am surprised to see the amazing mountain detail.  Unless I am missing something and FTX Global includes a mesh product.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Are those shots with default terrain mesh? I thought that P3D V2 did not upgrade the old FSX mesh so I am surprised to see the amazing mountain detail. Unless I am missing something and FTX Global includes a mesh product.

FTXG does lighting textures and some landclass I believe. Some features may be global and some may just be specific areas.

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

Are those shots with default terrain mesh?  I thought that P3D V2 did not upgrade the old FSX mesh so I am surprised to see the amazing mountain detail.  Unless I am missing something and FTX Global includes a mesh product.

My only addons are FTXG and A2A's Piper Cub, so either P3D's mesh is better than FSX or FTXG is improving the default. I'm afraid that I cannot tell which one it is.

~ Arwen ~

Arwen you def have a ton of more room for eye candy.

One would think so, looking at my FPS ... but setting things much higher results in OOM crashes happening in some areas/situations/weather (even when my FPS are still 40+). So, until the memory issues are fixed, I'm playing it safe. I have been flying lately with the "Terrain's Level of Detail Radius" set to Max, and haven't had any issues so far.

~ Arwen ~

One would think so, looking at my FPS ... but setting things much higher results in OOM crashes happening in some areas/situations/weather (even when my FPS are still 40+). So, until the memory issues are fixed, I'm playing it safe. I have been flying lately with the "Terrain's Level of Detail Radius" set to Max, and haven't had any issues so far.

I'm gonna max my autogens and see if I can produce an OOM.

I was gonna say you and I have similar levels of firepower and I have yet to get an OOM.

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

I believe Prepar3d's tessellation capabilities improve the mesh appearance.

Flightbeam's KIAD with AXE and FTXG:G caused to me to OOM 45 seconds into a circuit :(

I was running all the Autogen settings are very dense.

Aamir Thacker