Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Little Gems for X-plane

As a newbie X-Plane dabbler I've been spending some quality time making careful searches of available scenerys. A pretty mixed bag! Lots of payware is actually lower quality than some freeware! Still learning the ropes, I've come across a few gems, but they often reference necessary dependencies to other files that can sometimes be slightly puzzling to locate for a newb.

Anyway, I wanted to post the occasional gem, if its allowed as it might help other newbs locate good stuff quickly. I start off with Freddy De Pues most excellent site, and a jackpot of beautifully done airports to populate our shiny new X-plane world. Take a look! http://fred-e.net/x-plane-sceneries/

vwz3.jpg

s7q6.jpg

And some dependencies: Things the lack of which might make a scenery fail if not installed also.

Rotorsim RescueX

RuScenery Library

R2 Objects Library

OpenSceneryX Object Library for X-Plane®

Cool Things:

SeaTraffic Animated Marine Traffic

International Scenery Developement Group

Lots of things. I especially like the Vehicle Library extension for more varied and colorful cars and trucks.

Ted’s Scenery Updates for X-Plane 10

More Scenery!! (Us Cities)

Anyone know of some other great stuff?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Tom apparently will get round to giving us a moderator at some point which'll give us the freedom to start requesting these, but I've said a few times a sticky to help guide newcomers towards the quality stuff for XP would be quite useful.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Also check out my scenery map which only includes "good" scenery:

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/viewer?mid=zKdUoyDRH6j0.k7Q3rMFgZpe4

There is also a similar project: http://www.xpscenery.net/

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Here is some more scenery! XPWORLDSCENERY - FREEWARE

Devons rig

I must admit I didn't really realize how the move to 64bit had affected things. It seems many plugins and freeware planes I was thinking of adding here are not 64bit compatible. Oh, well.

The search continues.

Devons rig

Playing around a little. People flying the KSEA demo zone especially might want to take note of this file:

"SEATTLE PHOTOREAL UNDERLAY XP10"

By Chris K and the ISDG Group. Very nice work!!! http://isdg.com.au/scenery-add-ons/

Very little I have seen shows the potential of Xplane more than this.

9qxn.jpg

55b3.jpg

ymyh.jpg

Devons rig

Thanks for sharing.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Another nice toy (that works just) fine, and some of its dependencies. Thanks to Murmur for helping me Finally locate it!! 

HOVER TIMER

Here's the translation from italian:

Installation:

Requires python 2.73 (32 or 64) bit: http://www.python.org/download/

Requires pythonInterface (32 or 64) bit: http://www.xpluginsd...t_downloads.htm

Only for MAC and LINUX users: the pyaudio libraryhttp://people.csail....hubert/pyaudio/

Once such software has been installed, copy the following files:

PI_Hovering_Timer.py
OK.wav
NOK.wav
Beep.wav

In the folder:

C:\X-Plane 10\Resources\plugins\PythonScripts\

Run X-Plane and assign a button to the command:

Joystick & Equipment
Buttons: Adv
Flight controls
hovering Timer

NOTE!!! For windows users uncomfortable with installing the python script and interface manually, you can simply go here And click "Win Net Install" 

This will then download and install automatically Python, the interface and other files that you can select to your X-plane folders.

Then install the Hover Timer

Devons rig