Sign in to follow this  
N3277T Charles

RXP GNS530 in PMDG JS4100

This brings the question: why would you? Is the in-built FMC nog good enough? :lol:

I think it could be done... Though the custom autopilot is likely not compatible and you won't receive any support from PMDG unfortunately.

It works like it always works, the RXP GNS is not aircraft dependent. It is even possible to integrate it in to the VC where the weather radar is, should you not be satisfied with a simple pop-up. I'm not sure you can get it to drive the EHSI CDI or autopilot NAV function though.

But as already mentioned, not sure why you'd want the RXP GNS in the J41 since the included GNS-XLS is modelled pretty well (except for the HOLD page) and provides all functions you'd need (unless you simply must have a fully fledged moving map)

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Having the "gauge" display like that inside the screen area can be fixed. Try running FSX as administrator and see if that makes it appear correctly in the J41 panel.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Thanks for your suggestion, Greg. All my stuff was installed and is executed 'as admin'.

In this case it looks like PMDG created some sort of "skin" with the "faked" controls being bitmaps only. My assumption is any gauge installed into that place has to "bring" its own controls for actually operating the equipment. I've tried RXP wx, AS XGauge, dbs TAWS and dbs Airport GPS so far; findings have been the same every time.

Has anyone installed the Reality GNS 530XP in the PMDG JS4100? If so, How did it work?

I just started setting up .. looks good so far.

post-140279-0-92964500-1390079860.jpg

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW