Sign in to follow this  
wizzards

Aero not supported in win7 64 bit home edition

Hi I have been quite happy with P3dv2 ,but decided to check if Aero was switched on ,following instuction for checking if Aero is switched on I find stated in the  troubleshooting report on Aero "Aero effects not supported on this windlows edition ",I use the home edition family update pack from XP! well you learn something new every day ,so it looks like I need a new win 7 64bit disc to reach the full benefits of my P3dv2 exp ,might be worth a check for anyone having troubles with P3d or am i miss reading that report

peter

Aero is not available with Windows 7 starter or Home Basic. It is in home Premium.

it looks like I need a new win 7 64bit disc

You should have a "Windows Anytime Upgrade" button in your Control Panel.  Click that to see your downloadable upgrade options.

well thanks for the help guys ,and I did not think about the windows update ,so I tried it and it tell,s me it is not available in my region which is the UK ! ,it,s not my day,just another one of life,s little problems to sort out,so I am thinking what improvements will Aero bring for me, I run at 30fps,smooth with no jaggies,no popping etc,it look,s a lot  better than P3d v1.4,I just love the shadows,so maybe leave well alone for now ,defiantly time for more research

peter

You can thank MS for that foolishness. :rolleyes:

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

MS's stupidity continues to amaze me.

Yesterday I had a computer come in from an African guy who speaks French and is only in the country for a few weeks.

His entire computer was in French. So I got to discover that MS decided only Windows 7 Ultimate should allow for simple language changes in the interface without a total reinstall. 

The features they strip out of the different versions make no sense. Instead of developing some worthwhile features to add value to an "Ultimate" version they just take basic stuff out of the lower versions.

The marketing department makes the decisions. They determine which are popular features and place them accordingly in various editions. It is just another way to make money. Car manufacturers have been doing the same thing for years.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Hi I have been quite happy with P3dv2 ,but decided to check if Aero was switched on ,following instuction for checking if Aero is switched on I find stated in the  troubleshooting report on Aero "Aero effects not supported on this windlows edition ",I use the home edition family update pack from XP! well you learn something new every day ,so it looks like I need a new win 7 64bit disc to reach the full benefits of my P3dv2 exp ,might be worth a check for anyone having troubles with P3d or am i miss reading that report

peter

That's why I always buy PRO of anything with Microsoft. The very thing you end up needing is what they've disable. I've seen this too many times...

I see stores like to shove that HOME Edition crap down people's throat with new machine purchases.

EDIT: Aero is a key feature in how Windows 7 looks, how can it be turned off in the HOME edition???

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

That's why I always buy PRO of anything with Microsoft.

That's sensible - we get what we pay for.

EDIT: Aero is a key feature in how Windows 7 looks, how can it be turned off in the HOME edition???

I run Windows 7 but always have Aero turned off, Cannot stand all the transparent stuff.

The OP is not missing much not having Aero in my opinion

Apparently there are patches out there that enable Aero in these editions of Windows 7... Not linking to them as I have no idea of the legality or the legitimacy of said patches..  

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors