Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

realistic air charter flights...

I love to simulate air charters and I know.. technically they can be from anywhere to anywhere.. but my question is ... some of those small payware airports from Orbx.. like 1S2, 3W5, 0S9, 7S3, etc.. does anyone know if these were every used for air charter ops.. and I don't mean setting up your FBO there.. but just  an occasional pickup etc.. I guess it's possible correct but not likely?

Ciao!

Have you looked at SkyVector.com?

For example, they list 1S2 (Darrington) as having Zero commercial operations.

Nothing wrong with making your own up. That is part of the fun!

yeah I did notice all of that..its a shame.. I guess those are more for simulating the "weekend flyer" pilot .. I will say they are great for Simulated GA flying clubs.  I love there airports.. I find that I just don't fly in/to them that much..

some of them though.. really fit nice.. 

Ciao!

Agreed, those airports are awesome. With a little imagination they can be very useful. 

Lets say you live on Vashon Island and have a 172 that you use for charters? Some guy in Darrington wants you to fly him up to Tipella to go fishing?

You can still keep it like real world operations and have loads of fun.

ohhhh.. like that..!

here is what I don't understand in the real world of flying and air charters, etc.

I see that 0S9 gets a descent amount of "air taxi" flights in/out   - but why?  why them and say not 1S2 or 3W5 etc.. 

I guarentee ya if I would ever visit WA state  1S2 and 3W5 would get some "air taxi" traffic for sure.. cause I would charter a plane out to those airports and a bunch others for sure..

but back to the issue.. why is there air taxi ops at 0S9 and not the other two.? Sometimes I think its because someone ( an air charter/FBO company) is just there.. making themselves available.

look up 65S Bonners Ferry.. small little out in the sticks airport and community and it keeps one whole family busy flying there C337 around for the USFS

I know that S45 doesn't have any listed.. but wow.. I'm surprised.. there is a very nice looking golf course there... I think you could easily fly people in there (locals and toursists) ..

I've managed to even convince myself.. that I could justify 2WA1... I looked up houses for sale in that area and there are quite a few listings.. my company bought a house that we rent out and then we fly people in and the whole package includes the house rental for 3 or 7 days ,etc.. etc..

I find that flight simulation becomes a lot more exciting when you have  story behind what you do and where you fly to.. kinda silly when you think about it.. but.. I look it as playing an old fashioned pen/paper RPG game... sure I may not be slaying dragons and stealing gold treasure.. but hey.. same kind of thing..

I know about FSE and there are several things they do that just really turn me off.  The fact that you can't charge by the hour and most of those types of "games" just make it WAY to easy to "win". I mean you really have to work hard to "loose" in so many of this types of addons.  well enough for now.. curious as to what the answer will be.

Ciao!

I bet 0S9 gets a fair amount of air taxi treatment because of its proximity to Olympic Nat'l. Park.

I would bet that if you went to Kenmore or Harbour Air and asked for a ride into Concrete, it would be no sweat... there's your validation right there.

That's the neat thing about FlightSim; the World is what you make of it! Even if there's no Part 121/ 703 operations to those airports in the Real World, you can 'create' one, and all of the back story to go along!

If I may ask... what kind of plane are you flying? The type can also make a difference as far as both realism and immersion goes; for example, an Amphib Beaver can go pretty much anywhere (land or water), and is a very nice fit in the everyday lifestyle on the Wet Coast...

Keep livin' your Dream, and Have Fun doing it!

Alan klingon.gif

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

aircraft.. I only fly payware... I fly a lot of Carenado airplanes.. the new CT206H and the C210

I do have the Aerosoft Beaver - that's ok for me.. I find it a bit boring to fly.. I like the eye candy of Carenado's planes.. I do have lots of them with Bert Stolle (sp?) mods to them.. which really adds a lot..

I'm finding out the Flight1 Islander is a great plane for group flights from KBVS to 74S/KORS/San Juan Islands, etc..

I love the Aersoft twotter ext... haven't flown it much.. but from what I have.. amazing!

I'm kinda getting into corporate "work"  B200, PC12, etc.. 

Ciao!

You've got some awesome airplanes to choose from! The Stationair fits in very nicely for air taxi work, and the Centurion is good for longer X-C hops, too.

With the King Air and Pilatus, you've got the legs to fly anywhere... up the Columbia to Boise for some Winter fishing, or perhaps to Whistler for some Heli-Skiing?

Watch those Ramp Checks!

Alan klingon.gif

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Brian,

A group of us here at AVSIM started meeting for breakfast 2 or 3 times a year since 2009 or so. For a while we were meeting more often, but then it cooled down a bit.

One of the Members created the Banner, and I always liked it a lot so I kept it.

It's nice to get together with some like minded folks, and shoot the breeze while planespotting at KAPA!

klingon.gif

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg