Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

If you want bad weather

...The Netherlands is the place to go today.

SA051355 EHAM AMSTERDAM/SCHIPHOL NLD -3 m.
METAR EHAM 051355Z 25031G47KT 220V280 9999 SCT023 BKN032 OVC045 09/05
Q1007 TEMPO FM1430 26050G62KT 4000 SHRAGS SCT020CB=

43560785.jpg

I wanna go for a run later, but judging from the winds outside, I'm concerned about spontaneous aerial bombardment of the wooden kind.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I wanna go for a run later, but judging from the winds outside, I'm concerned about spontaneous aerial bombardment of the wooden kind.

Haha lol. Well let's hope Sinterklaas and Zwartepiet can hold their balance when they go over our roofs tonight to bring the kids the presents. :BIG GRIN:

Haha lol. Well let's hope Sinterklaas and Zwartepiet can hold their balance when they go over our roofs tonight to bring the kids the presents. :Big Grin:

Ah, right, it's St. Nicks.

Well, maybe I'll get some presents that were blown from roofs (like bird nests, drain pies and shingles).

They actually opened the Oostbaan (22) for arrivals for a few hours! Couldn't resist logging onto VATSIM as TWR :lol:

Wow. I just checked EHAM, now gusting to 46 knots! :shok:

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Ah, right, it's St. Nicks.

Well, maybe I'll get some presents that were blown from roofs (like bird nests, drain pies and shingles).

Oh wait, I figured you are German, I thought you were Dutch for a moment!

St. Nicks? That's not what it's called. 

I lived in Aalsmeer and worked in Schiphol-Rijk for several years, so I experienced my fair share of 747's coming in on approach on 36R. I'd love to be there now watching those birds come in on the other end!

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

St. Nicks? That's not what it's called. 

A sloppily anglicised version of "Nikolaus". And that's what it's called in german.