Sign in to follow this  
Trevor2497

Does FTXG Give You a Perfomance Boost in V2

I have a pretty good system but I get terrible frames (Less than 15). All my settings are pretty low, and i'm still experimenting with settings. I was wandering if anyone gets better FPS with FTXG, because Im deciding if I should shell out $100 And I don't want to have bad performance. Also what kind of performance should I get out of my system (Specs Below)

System specs

Intel core i7 4770k @4.2 GHz

EVGA 660ti  2Gb

Asus Z87 Plus Motherboard

Windows 7 Home Premium

Thanks In advance :)

oops this is a duplicate sorry

Unfortunately, no. To me it actually costs a bit performance comparing to the vanilla P3D2. I don't think that's surprising since at least I noticed with FTXG there are a lot more trees on the ground, to the extend that I actually reduced vegetation from Extremely Dense to Very Dense. I feel at ED the number of trees are almost excessively too many...

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

You should be getting reasonable results with your setup. Maybe you still have a setting on that's too much for your PC? Anyway, FTXG certainly won't boost performance. As Flylce already said, if there is a difference, it will be negative. Not that their always is a difference btw.

I had a bit of a performance loss as well with FTX Global. Part of the reason may be that FTX currently has a few bugs when used with P3D2 . . . some textures are apparently not being applied correctly (P3D2 apparently changes some landclass), and the FTX Central config tool for P3D doesn't work 100% correctly yet.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

And FTX Global uses denser autogen annotation, so you might experience some perfomance loss in areas with dense autogen.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Thanks for the replies. now my only problem is performance. also should I go SLI and buy another card for the V2.1 release?

Thanks for the replies. now my only problem is performance. also should I go SLI and buy another card for the V2.1 release?

Afaik they haven't announced SLI will be supported in 2.1.

They've stated they intend to support SLI in 2.1, but it's not assured.

IMHO Your system should be able to run it fine. You just have to find the right settings. I've run the whole range of horrific to fantastic performance all on the same rig. Only difference has been the settings. You just had to find the sweet spot. I started by putting everything at its lowest setting and then slowly increasing settings and testing. Again and again. You will quickly find what settings hit your system hard and those that don't.

I'm now at a very happy place with the sim running well over 30fps with settings turned up pretty high. Just took some time that's all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a

IMHO Your system should be able to run it fine. You just have to find the right settings. I've run the whole range of horrific to fantastic performance all on the same rig. Only difference has been the settings. You just had to find the sweet spot. I started by putting everything at its lowest setting and then slowly increasing settings and testing. Again and again. You will quickly find what settings hit your system hard and those that don't.

I'm now at a very happy place with the sim running well over 30fps with settings turned up pretty high. Just took some time that's all.

Thanks I will give this a try later.