Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy RFR

So I tried out the demo last night...

I knew this was coming. :lol:

I was talking about demo, and as others said here, it is baaad. I'm not talking about full retail version, or with addons. I'm talking about out of the box default XP 10 demo. Demo is there to attract potential simers to buy XP10.  And just because of that utterly awful demo, I would never even consider purchasing XP10.

Most of these screens look brilliant, and most of them are with scenery addons. The demo is looking nowhere near this, and I cranked the settings, still was awful. first two links you posted have the best screens of XP10 I've seen in a long time, but 25fps over forest? Unacceptable.

The problem is, if the demo would contain many add-ons and improvements, a lot of people would complain that the retail version is not at the visual level of the demo.

first two links you posted have the best screens of XP10 I've seen in a long time, but 25fps over forest? Unacceptable.

You cannot judge FPS with reliability since you don't know the settings of the user in that screenshot.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I've actually "borrowed" a few sound files from FSX and used them in x-plane.

Same, I've replaced all of the default sound files. I developed sound packs in FSX and have about 300 various audio files for various engines stashed, I created them all so there's there's technically no issue ;) I'm dying to start creating sound packs for X-Plane, I'm still chatting with the guy who made DreamEngine about it. I see DE as a decent alternative.

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

You cannot judge FPS with reliability since you don't know the settings of the user in that screenshot.

I clicked on My PC, and he has a pretty solid machine.  Only thing it could be problematic - autogen settings.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.