Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

MegaScenery Earth Quality Scenery for XPX?

Just checked out Simheavan's US Offerings and have to say that the quality of MSE for the east coast is far superior. Is there a way to get MSE quality or MSE textures on XPX?

Just checked out Simheavan's US Offerings and have to say that the quality of MSE for the east coast is far superior. Is there a way to get MSE quality or MSE textures on XPX?

SimHeaven is freeware -- using Google and Bing images. MSE is payware -- so you are not really criticizing SimHeaven here?

To answer your question: You can check out RealScenery's packages at X-Aviation, but most of them are for XP9 (i.e. with lower resolution). There's also the UK from Flight1.

That's it for payware photo scenery, I guess.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

SimHeaven is freeware -- using Google and Bing images. MSE is payware -- so you are not really criticizing SimHeaven here?

To answer your question: You can check out RealScenery's packages at X-Aviation, but most of them are for XP9 (i.e. with lower resolution). There's also the UK from Flight1.

That's it for payware photo scenery, I guess.

Not criticizing Simheaven's free offering, I just know now that if thats all thats available hopefully someone will raise the bar on the quality, freeware or payware offering. X-Aviation does'nt offer the regions I would like.

I agree. Xplane 10 needs some good quality photo scenery.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I 'd suggest that people interested in Megascenery Earth write to the manufacturer and encourage them to make their scenery files available to X-Plane users. I wrote several months ago and got a nice response, but no files were produced. So, maybe more xp fans could write and ask for xp support.

Jim Morgan

I 'd suggest that people interested in Megascenery Earth write to the manufacturer and encourage them to make their scenery files available to X-Plane users. I wrote several months ago and got a nice response, but no files were produced. So, maybe more xp fans could write and ask for xp support.

You're right, but I know they follow the forums. I just bought their DC city region today for FSX, but I haven't fired up FSX in a long time and I would love to be able to have my regions XPX'dified. I'm done now for regions unless they start releasing ones converted for XPX.

RealScenery have had a NorCal scenery in development for half a decade or so. It's going to totally change the world once it's released in 2025 or so  :lol:

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I agree, I would love to see MegaSceneryEarth start producing for XPX/64.  It would really be a game changer.

Yes indeed. Especially for the US and Australasia, which is not covered by extensive freeware sites such as Simheaven (except major cities) or ZonePhoto. I for one would be happy to part with some cash in order to fly over photoscenery in my neck of the woods (downunder). Pity the overall sim market is so small here, let alone for XP10 itself.

This topic brings up an interesting discussion, actually. 

Ohsirus, what areas are you most interested in getting at the moment if a developer was willing to start working on it today? For that matter, what areas in the USA would any of you most wish for aside from California? 

Founder of X-Aviation

This topic brings up an interesting discussion, actually.

Ohsirus, what areas are you most interested in getting at the moment if a developer was willing to start working on it today? For that matter, what areas in the USA would any of you most wish for aside from California?

The Great Lakes region.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

Cameron,

For my part, in the US, apart from California, it would be the states of:

-Washington

-New York

-Massachusetts

what areas in the USA would any of you most wish for aside from California?

Washington (Edit: The state. And Alaska. And if you're doing non-US one day, add British Columbia to the list).

But a release of NorCal would be appreciated, too ;)

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Washington

Considering you have listed all east coast regions, I am going to go on a limb and assume you mean DC and not the state?

Thanks for the feedback so far! :)

Founder of X-Aviation

Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, and California in high quality for the entire state.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.