Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Clouds disappear as I pan

I posted about this quite a while back, with a video, but searching my threads on AVSIM doesn't locate it (odd -  maybe it was before the site was hacked??), so I am trying again.

When I am on the ground (and also, but a bit less noticeably, in the air) and pan in spot view, quite often whole sets of clouds disappear and reappear as I sweep round. Other sets of clouds are stable, which makes me think they are being generated by different software. I have always had this problem and have never been able to make any difference (by tweaking Active Sky settings and so on).

Programmes I have installed that may be relevant (some probably not, but I list them for completeness) are ASv6.5, GEPro, Flight Environment, REX ...

Does anyone else have this problem? Surely it can't just be me?? In the screenshot (i won't bother with another video) the line of clouds circled partly disappears and reappears as I pan. The rest are fine.

Any ideas are very welcome,

Martin

post-110788-0-82515100-1386272039.jpg

Hi Martin.

It's difficult to be sure in the pic but it looks as though you have two layers of cloud and the circled lot are the most distant. I think they disappear because the 'camera' has an oval field of view. The same thing happens with distant mountains or islands on the horizon: they're visible at the side of the screen (when I'm looking away from them) but not if I look directly at them. It happens in both spot and VC views when I pan. I guess the same thing happens with clouds.

(You have very nice visibility settings there. I wish I could get mine to look as realistic...)

Cheers,

D

Yes, I get the same with mountains too, you are right.

One can't move mountains, it's well-known!, but is it possible to remove the offending cloud layer somehow? I have tried reducing cloud layers to just one in AS6, but that doesn't help.

M.

are ASv6.5, GEPro, Flight Environment, REX ...

Just wondering ... have you employed GEPro's sky textures at all?

Yes, I think so, though to be honest I am not quite sure what programmes are supplying what now! I have just changed my AS6.5 settings 'Force Sky': from GE Pro to ASG.. just to test. "Enable GE Pro Submit on New FP' is checked..