Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

What happened to the SkyMaxx Pro v1.1 Update post?!?!?

...er...thread, sorry.

Was it quietly lifted from the forum 'cause of a posted user comment?!!?   

Hmmm......(rubbing chin....)

Hey Ses AVSIM has a policy on commercial promotion. Rules are rules, but that's not to say a non developer cannot talk about the product ;)

I'm pretty sure that's what happened :D

Unfortunately I received a PM from Mr. Allensworth this afternoon stating he removed the thread because of my commercial association to the product. Indeed, rules are rules, but I am a bit bummed by it. Outside of my obvious bias, I think SkyMaxx Pro is something that should be made known to the outside users of the X-Plane forum here at Avsim. No better way than to have that very post live on the same site they already love!

Founder of X-Aviation

Hey Ses AVSIM has a policy on commercial promotion. Rules are rules, but that's not to say a non developer cannot talk about the product ;)

I'm pretty sure that's what happened :D

Ok...Tom's site, Tom's rules and interpretations applies.

I will tell you though, I am a big boy...and rather have ANY developer bang his/her own drum..to let me hear the noise.  The sound of the wallet/purse opening will be whether the reader agrees or not with the loudness of the drum tap... :)   There must have been a complaint from your competition, and he had to act....

Unfortunately I received a PM from Mr. Allensworth this afternoon stating he removed the thread because of my commercial association to the product. Indeed, rules are rules, but I am a bit bummed by it. Outside of my obvious bias, I think SkyMaxx Pro is something that should be made known to the outside users of the X-Plane forum here at Avsim. No better way than to have that very post live on the same site they already love!

My sniff at the wind, rather says that he received a complaint from your competition and to be fair (the man is....), had to act upon it.  Had it been his first response (obviously not...) to the creation of your Head's up post, it would not have lasted all of ten seconds...

I am about to post a 'cloud' shot after I send this...and Cam, and John...you have brought much Xmas cheer to this old dude's Xplane heart... :)  I had to stuff my own stocking...for the wife doesn't have a clue about this sort of venue..and tells me she is happy to remain so...LOL!

post-125297-0-21766000-1386278198.jpg

Ses that's not important, what is important is the quality of the product! Lets not speculate on why it was deleted but know it was to keep consistent with the rules ;)

I love the support we have from you guys, and look forward to more input in the future....

Ses that's not important, what is important is the quality of the product! Lets not speculate on why it was deleted but know it was to keep consistent with the rules ;)

I love the support we have from you guys, and look forward to more input in the future....

Point taken...and a +1!

I will tell you though, I am a big boy...and rather have ANY developer bang his/her own drum..to let me hear the noise.  The sound of the wallet/purse opening will be whether the reader agrees or not with the loudness of the drum tap... :)   There must have been a complaint from your competition, and he had to act....

I won't speculate on if someone caused a stink with Tom. All I know is Tom Allensworth is someone who is level headed and plays fairly, so I respect the decision made in the end. I've had nothing but positive experience with him in our multiple face to face meetings.  :smile:  The bottom line, we'll depend on you guys to get the word out rather than use this as an additional announcement platform. In hindsight, it was no one's fault but my own! So long as you guys bring up the topics we're in the clear here.

I am about to post a 'cloud' shot after I send this...and Cam, and John...you have brought much Xmas cheer to this old dude's Xplane heart... :)  I had to stuff my own stocking...for the wife doesn't have a clue about this sort of venue..and tells me she is happy to remain so...LOL!

Your enthusiasm is great, and we appreciate the compliments! More than anything, I think I speak for all of us involved that a smile on your face puts a smile on ours. Thank you SO much for your support! It's really cool to see a product like SkyMaxx Pro enhancing people's sim in such a way.

Cheers!  :good:

Founder of X-Aviation