Sign in to follow this  
AlphaNGX

Windows on Paint Kit 777

Hello captains,

I have a question about the windows in the 777 paint kit. If I save the plane's 3 parts I get the windows covered in FSX. How do I fix that? How can I make the plane having windows you can see through like the main liveries do?

Thank you so much.

You need to adjust what is called the Alpha channel, via the "channels" menu in Photoshop.

If you mean that the stuff you're painting is going over the windows and covering them, you need to paint below the main layers. What I did for my repaints on the 777 was always leave the layers I apinted at the very bottom but above the first one I think it was so its visivble but it's below the windows and stuff. Also I think theres a white layer at the bottom somewhere that you're supposed to paint on, try painting on that.

Just so you get it right, if you want the windows to be transparent glass, this is done via the alpha channel, if that's what you meant. If you meant that your paint was covering the windows and not behind them, then refer to what 'belowminimums' said above. If you have the .dds NVidia Photoshop plugin, you could open one of the PMDG painted files to get an idea of how this works (just don't save any changes to it!!)

The paintkit artist forgot to add alpha channel to windows in fuse_1, fuse_2, and fuse_3 files. 

The easiest way to resolve this in photoshop is to open your fuse_1.psd file and PMDG default livery fuse_1.dds. Go to PMDG livery file first, go to channels, right click on alpha channel > duplicate layer. Then, in pop up window, select that you want to duplicate it into your fuse_1.psd file. Close PMDG livery fuse_1 file. In your own fuse_1 file delete default alpha channel layer, select one you duplicated from default livery file and flip it vertically. Save that file and repeat process with fuse_2 and fuse_3 files.

Just pay attention, some operators choose to close some windows, while 777 fuselage master comes with all windows open. In case you want to close window, you can go into fuselage master window layer group, and simple delete a window you want to close, and do not forget to delete alpha channel of that respective window in fuse_1, 2 or 3 file.

RE the paintkit missing alpha textures - You are quite right! I forgot that what I did was use the PMDG livery alpha channel to create full alpha channels and I just delete windows as needed. These are my own mods to the PMDG paintkit. I can't upload them however, as they are originally PMDG work and I don't know what they would say about that.