Sign in to follow this  
DANEQ99

FSX Randomly 1 hour ahead.

Every time I am in southern California area. Los Angeles and below my FSX always makes the time 1 hour ahead then it is usually. I installed FS Real Time then uninstalled it and every time I try to load a flight with the correct time in south California FSX will load again 5 mins later and make the time 1 hour ahead again. 

Dane Quartel 

Check the offset function in FSrealtime, that's all I can think of apart from your system time. I really like FS realtime

Hope it works

Ceri

If you set FSX to the correct GMT time your local time should be correct.

Sent from my SGH-T899M using Tapatalk

If you set FSX to the correct GMT time your local time should be correct.

Sent from my SGH-T899M using Tapatalk

It also helps to have your FSX default flight located at an airport in your time zone. That way FSX loads already synced to current local time (to begin with anyway). FSX doesn't cope to well with daylight saving variations so I tend to ignore local time completely and fly using UTC/GMT exclusively. UTC is what is set in the real flight deck anyway.

ki9cAAb.jpg

It also helps to have your FSX default flight located at an airport in your time zone. That way FSX loads already synced to current local time (to begin with anyway). FSX doesn't cope to well with daylight saving variations so I tend to ignore local time completely and fly using UTC/GMT exclusively. UTC is what is set in the real flight deck anyway.

Yep, this is most likely the reason. Set your default ultralight flight up at an airport in your computer's time zone and it'll all be correct in the sim.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

For what its worth , the latest FSUIPC now has an option that sets any flight (including saved flights ) to the correct UTC time when loading, no matter where your default flight is. Great feature.

Eric W

Why not just adjust the time manually in the FSX UI? It only takes a second and you can set anytime you want before you load your flight. Maybe i'm missing something, but isn't that why Aces put a time adjustment area in the main UI, so you can set the time before you launch the flight.

Jim Burke

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I often fly with Real time + or - 12 hours to make "Fly a local flight on Vatsim after work, ooh it's 7pm" to "I like looking at scenery when you can see it, rather than dark blackness"

12 hour offset. Make Night time Day time.

But yes, FSX and Daylight Savings is ... funny sometimes.