Hi Simmers

I am still flying without pedals. It is time to remedy this situation....But don't know which ones to get. Any advice you can give me?

Happy flying

I've had CH Pro Pedals for 11.5 years and they continue to perform flawlessly. Those would be my recommendation.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I've used the cheapest ones available for years: pedals from a car racing hardware kit (no, I don't use the steering wheel for flightsimming ...).

They aren't toe brakes-equipped, but this gear has been inexpensive and troublefree for me.

I like the Saitek pedals, you can adjust the tension and it includes toe brakes (a must in my opinion)

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/pedals.html

If you have more cash to burn definitely give these a try, you can buy the single units for cheaper

http://flightdecksolutions.com/components/a320/a320-flight-controls/a320-pro-mx-captain-first-officer-dual-rudder-pedal-set-linked/

Rob Prest

Ray Proudfoot, on 06 Dec 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

I've had CH Pro Pedals for 11.5 years and they continue to perform flawlessly.

+1, for many, many years too.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I've had CH Pro Pedals for 11.5 years and they continue to perform flawlessly. Those would be my recommendation.

Count me among the group of satisfied CH Pro Pedals users.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I've owned the CH Pro Pedals in the past and they worked great.

However, about a year ago I bought the Saitek Pro Flight Cessna pedals and much prefer them.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

CH feel like a plastic toy from my experience. I've since moved to Saitek Combat Pro pedals. Much more sturdy and realistic.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

CH feel like a plastic toy from my experience. I've since moved to Saitek Combat Pro pedals. Much more sturdy and realistic.

Sturdy they are (I wouldn't say the same for the CH Pro Throttle...). Now could you elaborate on "realistic", Ryan please, how more realistic are the Saitek, in what sense ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I have the Saitek Cessna rudder pedals and I'm very happy with them, they have the toe brake and you can adjust the tension.  They did stop working about 2 months after I got them (electrical issue) but the online shop that I bought it from replaced it without hassle and the new unit has been working great for almost 2 years now.

Rudi.

The Saitek Pro pedals are very sturdy, but they have a few minor drawbacks. First, if you don't attach them to a board or use the adhesive Velcro fasteners, they tend to slide around. Second, they are big and may not fit comfortably under a desk. This could cause fatigue in your legs if the unit is not properly situated. The tension is adjustable, but the range of adjustment is relatively modest.

The installer and driver are very old and Windows 8 at first did not recognize the unit by name, but rather only as a 3 axis/0 button joystick. The supplied utility allows modifications to the axis ranges and dead zones. Certain aircraft like the A2A C172 are quite sensitive to how you calibrate the toe brakes and rudder.

In general, they are worth buying.

I have the CH Pro pedals.  If I was doing it over I think I would get the Saitek with tension control.  The CH pedals are definitely much more of a toy type feel but they are sturdy and do work.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I have the CH pedals, but they do feel like something made by Fisher Price, so I have not used them is quite some time..  I will be getting the Saitek combat pedals when I can and that would be my recommendation to you.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I have had no problems with my Saitek pedals and would definitely recommend them.

I ran FS with a stick and auto rudder for years and would not go back after flying with a yoke and pedals.

I've tried joysticks with twist rudders on other peoples machines and didn't like it at all.

I do connect my old stick occasionally for flying gliders and ultralights.

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)