Sign in to follow this  
ramprat

Has anyone tried Drzewiecki grass?

Ethan you can always direct the installer away from FS to a folder on your desktop and install it there and then inspect the contents. there is a manual path below if you want  it that way and yes the back up file is where it should be on my system

Uninstall:

To restore to the original grass texture, simply navigate to

FS\Scenery\World\Texture\OriginalGrass and copy the

detail1.bmp file to FS\Scenery\World\Texture folder ("FS" is

your main FSX or Prepar3D folder).

ZORAN

Thanks Zoran, no downside to trying it then. I also remembered I have a clone of my virgin FSX install on another drive in case all else fails. Will fly out of a default grass strip later tonight and give it a shot.

Edit: I just realized that we can edit the detail1 texture in Photoshop once we know where it is. If I have performance issues on my PC I may downsize the texture to 1024px. Thought I'd mention it as an option for people that want good grass, but don't want something too potent. hehe (sorry, couldn't resist) (also sorry for creating a second post, I thought I was editing my first one, speaking of potent grass)

REX also offers a freeware download of the same kind of thing.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

this type of grass will bring your computer down, of course mileage may vary with different systems.  My advise, here is my code KISS, means???? Keept It Simple and  straight, no need for it..

I don't know. I installed it yesterday, and completely forgot it was there although I have my res set to 2048. I've installed HD moon textures also, and noticed no performance penalties. If your computer is already struggling, it would probably be wise to stick with default.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor