hey all,

I've come back to this thread after a few false-dawns. I totally rebuilt my rig AGAIN. :D I thought I had it licked but I was deluding myself.

I read and re-read Jim and Paul's posts. They are right; no amount of tweaking will get you what you want unless the platform is right, and there IS NO substitute for a bad a** CPU and properly O/C'ed system (though I have found O/C'ing badly can sometimes LOWER performance through heat issues YMMV.)

I totally concur with Paul as well regarding NickN's bible. I re-built my rig EXACTLY using his procedures, and I can honestly say it has made a real difference. Again, YMMV obvs. Windows runs better, FSX runs better.

As Paul says, it makes such a difference, as to be totally part of the philosophy of preparing a machine for, and tweaking, FSX. My FSX rig has nothing on it now except FSX and is stripped down to the max.

It just seems to wheeze less now

My 3970X arrives tomorrow, upon which I shall drop it in, O/C it to 5.0Ghz and see where we are then  :D

Good to hear some truth about FSX and also remember and really understand the flexibel platform and performance should be equal your flying situation. 

FSX can really look amazing with 8xAA and maxed Autogen and LOD 6.5 and i will survive this with default aircraft and REX2048.

Totally different setup though with the PMDG T777 CYVR-YBBN etc etc .  ^_^

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png